Newbie checking in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there. Got my 94 80 series about 6 weeks ago. My old girl has 279,000 on the clock. She has no lockers. But has an AC that blows cold. And in the SoCal summer that's good with me.

Did a full fluid flush, Front Brakes, spark plugs, phh. Id post a picture however she's at the shop due to a blown hg.

I have big plans for her. But I would love everyone's input.

Matt

image.jpeg

Awesome color!! Nice rig too. I have same color same year....sometimes it's a pain in the a#%. Already HG, did you get it hella cheap because of that? Let the good times begin.

If you don't already have a set, some of the best money you'll ever spend is on a set of factory service manuals. Oh, one more thing, welcome to the madness, i own a 94 just like you, and just love it!

I have a friend with a 96 with fsm. So kind of using that a reference. I got it real cheap. But had no clue about the hg until Friday. Found a shop thru a coworker that will do the job quick so I can get her back on the road. I still love the fact that there isn't a ton of electronics to nanny me all the time.

I have a friend with a 96 with fsm. So kind of using that a reference. I got it real cheap. But had no clue about the hg until Friday. Found a shop thru a coworker that will do the job quick so I can get her back on the road. I still love the fact that there isn't a ton of electronics to nanny me all the time.
Ha, Ha, boy o boy are you wrong on the electronics, your truck has a computer for the engine, one for the transmission, one for the ABS, and a few more after that, plus it's got a ton of sensors to go along with all those computers too. That's the reasons why you really need to get the service manual for your year truck.

Yeah go figure on the electronics. I was comparing that to my 2011 jeep gc that had apative cruise control, parking sensors, etc. I couldn't actually work on the damn thing without a Chrysler computer. On the LC I like that I can read the check engine with a paper clip though.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Head is off to the machinist for a once over. Apparently this beast had some engine work before. A 40 overbore, at least that's what the pistons say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom