Newb to the 200

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Feel the HE wash over you.

1787185723678.gif
 
Yep. Needs bigger tires for sure ;)
 
Well down the rabbit hole I slide

IMG_4467.webp

IMG_4468.webp

IMG_4469.webp


Dechroming the ride…so far from eBay has been the HE badges, ti window trims strips, tailgate middle section and the door rub bars…

Am awaiting 4 pieces for the rear lights, black fog light pods and I’ll wind up wrapping the grille and light bars on the front
 
The dechromed bits and HE basing you just posted. Thanks.
 
That looks good but I’m lazy. I’ll just live with the chrome. :)
 
I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts after the install. My chrome is trashed from mag chloride staining and I am trying to decide to wrap, cover or paint the chrome bits.
 
IMG_4483.webp

Door rub strips came off easy…cleaned up dirt behind them off the paint…applied the black ones which are held with copious amounts of VHB tape…
 
IMG_4705.webp

IMG_4706.webp


So all that’s left is the tailgate Toyota emblem
, and do something with the grill/ headlights…easy way would be the heritage lights and wrap the grill…time will tell.

Do have a E&E off road skid plate coming along with some EZ flares…so down the rabbit hole I slide
 
So here I was innocently clicking around the forum, which lead me to skid plates, which lead me to E and E off-road…a couple of clicks later and a skid plate system is on its way to me…
Been outta town doing Route 66 while on PTO and the skid plate system arrived…finally unpacked it today…holy sh!t this thing is pretty…too nice to go under a truck, I have the Delta checked systems Beefcake skid plate system under my 80 and I consider that the cream of the crop but if this isn’t side by side with it….super nice billet machined parts…beefy…have antisieze and blue loctite ready to go when install commences tomorrow…any quirks or tips?
 
Take your Time, start from the back and move your way forward. Get the best Allen socket set you can. I bought the icon one at HF.
 
Well that wasn’t too bad…sure wish my truck had been lifted though…doing it on a concrete driveway want exactly fun…once I understood what all had to come off, a quick clean up of the under carriage and it was off to the races…haven’t done the power steering cooler guard as I’m reluctant to chop the bumper skin mounts…will likely notch the guard and make it work…
Super slick bottom now though…a matching gas tank skid would be the cats meow
 
Back
Top Bottom