New wheel options 100 series FN wheels Six Shooter and Five Star (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Zuberg

SILVER Star
Threads
Still learning a lot about the 100 series cruisers and in my search for wheel options I ended up talking with Dustin at FN wheels. For the record I have zero affiliation/connection with the company. Just a satisfied customer as I've run six shooters on my 4Runner for many years.
Seeing as how there aren't many bolt on wheel options without bad offsets, soacer requirements etc, thought I'd share the following information with the forum.
Hope I'm not violating any rules, not my intent if so. Just sharing what I feel are some good wheel options that will be available early 2023.
FN is re-releasing a new and improved version of the Five Star and the Six Shooter specifically for the Landcruiser 100. FN informed me that the Landcruiser version of the Five Star and Six Shooter wheels will likely only be available in matte black and matte gunmetal unless there is popular demand.
I'm making this post for two reasons:

1. Quick PSA about new wheel options
2. See if I could garner demand for additional colors, particularly high gloss graphite gunmetal. (Pure selfishness on this one as I'd prefer the gloss finish haha) I think we'd need upwards of 10 pre orders to get a batch of the gloss finish.

Specs follow:

FN Wheels Five Star and Six Shooter for 100-Series Toyota Landcruiser / Lexus LX470
Diameter:
17"
Width: 8"
Offset: +30mm
Backspacing: 5.7"
Weight: 22.2lbs Five Star / 23.2lbs Six Shooter (approximate)
Load rating: 2,500lbs (Load rating tested/certified with up to a 37" diameter tire)
Certification: JWL-T, VIA, SAE J-2530, and DOT
Construction method/material: Flow formed (A356.2 T6 aluminum alloy)
Colors: Matte gunmetal or matte black (standard colors). Special order colors available with minimum order.
100 series Landcruiser/LX470 specifics: 110mm hub centric for Toyota/Lexus hubs. Lug holes drilled to accept extended thread (E-T) lug nuts for maximum thread engagement on short Toyota wheel studs.Rim width and offset optimized specifically for the Landcruiser 100 / Lexus 470. Center cap fits over the tall hubs of the 100-series.
New improvements: Reinforced inner and outer flange for added strength and rigidity. Knurled bead seats for enhanced bead retention at lower tire pressures (i.e. lessened chance of the tire bead slipping or breaking loose when the tires are aired down while rock crawling or offroading).
Availability: Late February / early March 2023)
Price: $269 per wheel + shipping. Discount available for customers who pre-order prior to December 2023. Pricing might be subject to change after February 2023 (prices will not change for pre-orders).

And pics of course....

N769D 17x8 ET30 5x150 Matte Black - RESIZED.JPG

N768D 17x8 ET30 5x150 Matte Black - RESIZED.JPG

Nice to see something new come to market! Specs are great, more offset than I prefer to run but I’m a weirdo.

If I remember right the original 100 series Five Star weighed just under 20lbs so the reinforcements added 2-3lbs.

FWIW. Still rolling on circa 2012 18" Five Star's. I think these are +40 offset. No rubbing at full lock/stuff at all with 295/70R18's. I've also run 285/75R18 with minimal rubbing. They started as matte black, but blast and coated them gunmetal about a year ago. They've been thoroughly abused for 200k miles, but honestly I'd consider retiring them for a 17" +30. Full disclosure, no affiliation with FN or Dustin. Just a great wheel and great service... 👍

IMG_2189.jpg

FWIW. Still rolling on circa 2012 18" Five Star's. I think these are +40 offset. No rubbing at full lock/stuff at all with 295/70R18's. I've also run 285/75R18 with minimal rubbing. They started as matte black, but blast and coated them gunmetal about a year ago. They've been thoroughly abused for 200k miles, but honestly I'd consider retiring them for a 17" +30. Full disclosure, no affiliation with FN or Dustin. Just a great wheel and great service... 👍

View attachment 3163661
Got any close up pictures of the front and rear wheels separately? I’m about to install part time hubs on the front and want to make sure they will fit.

Have you gotten these mounted up yet?
Tires mounted yes. Not on truck yet. Still doing a bunch of rubber bushings and baseline stuff. Then new suspension and wheels. If I get a minute I'll throw them on the truck. Too many projects and too little time haha

Ended up going with 295/70R17 Duratracs. Had very good experience with a few sets of them on my 4th gen 4runner in the past.

20230616_151925.jpg

Tires mounted yes. Not on truck yet. Still doing a bunch of rubber bushings and baseline stuff. Then new suspension and wheels. If I get a minute I'll throw them on the truck. Too many projects and too little time haha

Ended up going with 295/70R17 Duratracs. Had very good experience with a few sets of them on my 4th gen 4runner in the past.

View attachment 3371025
Following to see them mounted the. I’ll place the order. If possible please post a side profile pic to see the offset.

Ok finally got a minute and did a test fit. Overall I'm super happy with them. I think with a 285 or narrower tire they'd sit perfectly flush with the body. The wheel offset is perfect. I knew I was pushing things with the 295 but rolled the dice. Got some owl expedition mud flaps to keep the crud off the body since I'm on dirt and gravel roads everyday.

3 sets of pictures: side, front and rear

Each set is in this order:
1. Oem wheels and stock height
2. Five stars stock height
3. Five stars lifted (21.5" hub to fender front 23.5" rear)

20230719_125900.jpg

20230719_133045.jpg

20230719_134831.jpg

20230719_130203.jpg

20230719_133106.jpg

20230719_134903.jpg

Last edited:
Rear pictures
1. Oem wheels
3. Five stars lifted

20230719_125949.jpg

20230719_133128.jpg

20230719_134848.jpg

Hi Everyone. I should have got on here sooner and answered everyone's questions, but somehow I missed this thread. Thank you all for showing interest in our wheels.

Nice to see something new come to market! Specs are great, more offset than I prefer to run but I’m a weirdo.

Thank you! Glad you like them. We selected a 17x8" +30mm offset wheel because the 8" rim width supports the broadest range of popular tire sizes for the 100-series Landcruiser. The +30mm offset provides a fitment that is akin to adding a 1.25" wheel spacer to the OEM wheels, so it improves the track without putting too much of the tire tread past the edge of the fender.

If I remember right the original 100 series Five Star weighed just under 20lbs so the reinforcements added 2-3lbs.

Our 16x8" Five Stars are sub-20lbs per wheel, but the original 17" Five Stars that we offered a few years back (before this recent redesign) weighed approximately 21.5lbs per wheel. The enhancements that we made to this latest version added a nominal amount of weight.

View attachment 3163661

Thanks @Kneel - it's always good to hear from you!

Got any close up pictures of the front and rear wheels separately? I’m about to install part time hubs on the front and want to make sure they will fit.

Thank you for your interest in our wheels @scrt80 . We designed the 100-series version of the Five Star with a straight-through 110mm center bore so that it fits over the 100-series hubs without any interference. The wheels will also fit over hubs which have been converted (i.e. part-time, full float, free wheeling, manual locking, etc. hubs such as those from Aisin). If you have converted your hubs you'll need to leave the center caps off the wheels or cut out the middle portion of the center cap as @JURELCATCHER mentioned below, so that you have access the to dial on your hubs.

They will clear the part time hubs just fine with a little bit of clearancing of the plastic cap. No interference on the wheel at all.

Thank you @JURELCATCHER . Your post is super helpful. Also, just to be clear to anyone reading this - you only need to modify the center cap if you convert your hubs to manual locking / free wheeling hubs. The center caps will fit over the stock hubs on a Landcruiser 100 / LX470 without any issues. Also, to be extra clear, @JURELCATCHER has an earlier version of the 17" Five Star which was available from 2016 ~ 2019 prior to the newly redesigned version. The earlier version is still an excellent, light and strong flow formed wheel, but the newest version is slightly different.

Dustin at FN has these in stock now. He sent me the first set, tires are going on this morning. 30 offset, 17 inch. 21.6 lbs

Ok finally got a minute and did a test fit. Overall I'm super happy with them. I think with a 285 or narrower tire they'd sit perfectly flush with the body. The wheel offset is perfect. I knew I was pushing things with the 295 but rolled the dice. Got some owl expedition mud flaps to keep the crud off the body since I'm on dirt and gravel roads everyday.

3 sets of pictures: side, front and rear

Each set is in this order:
1. Oem wheels and stock height
3. Five stars lifted (21.5" hub to fender front 23.5" rear)

Thank you @Zuberg ! I appreciate you taking the time to make this post, and we really appreciate you being such a long time, repeat customer (going back over 10 years now)!

If I can answer any additional questions about these wheels or any of our other wheels for anyone, please just post your questions up here or feel free to contact me (Dustin) directly on my cell : (714)390-9387 or at the shop : (951)735-1100.

As of right now, only the Five Stars are available for the 100-series.

We list the wheels online as a set of four, but we can definitely sell sets of five or single wheels in odd (or even) quantities as well.

17″ FN Wheels Five Star : 17×8″ +30mm 5×150 Landcruiser 100 Edition

We have released the Six Shooters in the 5x150 bolt pattern, but as of now the Six Shooters are only available with a center cap and center bore designed for the 200-series Landcruiser (these wheels and caps won't fit over 100-series hubs due to a flange in the center bore that secures the center cap). If there's enough demand for a production run of the 100-series Six Shooters, then we will most definitely produce them in 100-series appropriate specs.

17" FN Wheels Five Star - complete set of four wheels specifically for the Toyota Landcruiser 100

Diameter: 17"
Width: 8"
Offset: +30mm
Backspacing: 5.68"
Bolt pattern (PCD): 5x150mm
Center bore: 110.2mm (Toyota hub centric)
Stud opening: 16.2mm diameter (accepts extended thread aka "ET" lug nuts for maximum stud engagement on short, OEM Toyota wheel studs)
Load rating: 2,500lbs+ per wheel
Wheel weight: 22lbs (approximate)
Manufacturing details: Flow formed from high purity A356-T6 aluminum alloy.
Certification: DOT, JWL-T, VIA, and SAE J-2530 approved (SAE J-2530 is an extremely stringent, voluntary testing standard that is stricter than DOT, JWL-T, and other governmental testing standards).
Center cap: Plain, color matched cap included (FNW center cap emblem available upon request at no charge).
Additional features: Knurled bead seats for enhanced bead retention at low psi. Reinforced inner and outer lips/flanges for increased strength and rigidity.
Available colors: Matte black or matte gunmetal

FN5578550304-FIVE-STAR-FLOW-FORMED-MATTE-GUNMETAL-WITHOUT-CAP-2-ES-1050.jpg

FN5578550305-FIVE-STAR-FLOW-FORMED-MATTE-BLACK-WITHOUT-CAP-2-ES-1050.jpg

FN5578550304-05-KNURLED-BEAD-SEAT-DETAIL.jpg

Welcome to Dustin @FNWheels one of the nicest guys in the industry

@Zuberg looks great!
if you could post a few pics standing over the wheel or closer up from the side - it would be great to see the lip and face of the wheel.

Welcome to Dustin @FNWheels one of the nicest guys in the industry

@Zuberg looks great!
if you could post a few pics standing over the wheel or closer up from the side - it would be great to see the lip and face

Let me know if these suffice.

20230719_202423.jpg

20230719_203108.jpg

20230719_134930.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom