New wheel choice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Dustin,

Thanks for the detailed explanation - very helpful! Unfortunately I doubt it would be possible to pre-sell 25 sets. 10 might be a bit of a stretch, but at a certain price it would be doable. The other alternative right now for a 17" wheel is the TRD 17x8, and these can be had new for ~$350 each. So your pricing would have to be a lot closer to 200/wheel than 400/wheel to get folks excited. Sounds like unfortunately that won't be able to happen. Also understand that this is a very specific wheel, and a very small market of 100-series owners who are looking for 17s.

Although as stated above I think the 17 will become a much more popular choice with two very nicely sized options, the 285.75.17 Mud terrain and the new 34x10.5 AT2.

It would be great if you guys could make a semi-custom wheel that didn't require spacers or adapters and was a great fit for our truck, I'm just afraid the numbers aren't there... $200-250/wheel I think we could pre-sell 10 sets. Any more quantity or any higher price we'd have to find a lot of buyers coming out of the woodwork! :)

Thank you for your reply too! I understand where you are coming from. Unfortunately, it's just not feasible in such low quantities. As previously discussed, if we found a way to get a lot more customers on board (perhaps Tundra customers?) we can absorb more of the cost of the mould, and price the wheels closer to $200 per wheel. I'm just not sure there's a lot of demand for 17" wheels on the late model Tundras.

The TRD wheels shown in that link are a really good deal for a forged wheel (about $360 + shipping). We can actually get those wheels for you too at around the same price or slightly cheaper than the link.

Our 17" wheels are normally priced at / around $200 per wheel, however that is based on the more common / popular bolt patterns where we are able to spread the development costs over many more wheels. $200 per wheel for a totally custom spec wheel / new mold built in low quantities just isn't feasible unfortunately (as much as we'd really like to do it). I will keep an eye on this thread, and if anything changes we will definitely revisit the idea.

IMG_4429.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom