New Warn - Only Turning One Direction Under Power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Gents,

So, I just installed a new Zeon on an ARB bumper (along with the relocation kit). Long story short the winch will only wind in one direction whether pressing the 'in' or 'out' button on the controller (wired controller, not a wireless or platinum).

Now, I will admit to being wickedly jet lagged, however, I am at a loss as to how a wiring snafu would result in the winch turning the same direction when the switch is in both the 'in' and 'out' position. Other than checking the wiring (will go over it again tomorrow) or trying another controller (will have to wait until Monday) does anyone have any ideas?

The wired controller could be the problem, Id start there then check the wires on winch solenoid/motor to see if installed correctly

Chances are the controller is wired incorrectly so it won’t reverse the polarity of the solenoid pack or contactor. Later 5 wire Warn controllers have an extra SPDT switch to tun the power off and on to make it a little less obvious how to hot wire the winch, which is why it will shut off and run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom