new user technical issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I first joined the site 2 months ago. After registration I was not able to post. It errored when clicking submit post. I gave up after a few day of trying on multiple computers. And now weeks later I tried and randomly it works. I'm not sure why its working now.

Additionally, there is no pubic facing email or other means of contacting support. And the other social media platforms are read only mode as well.

Just thought you might want to know

Odd....a welcome pm is sent to every new registration, and I get responses from a few every day.

FB and IG are checked daily, and each get a few messages a month.

The Contact Us link is at the bottom of every forum page. I respond to a few messages a week that come in that way.

I dont use FB or Insta. And the contact page uses the same UI as a forum post, so when you click submit it would error out as well.

Win 10 Firefox, Chrome, Brave, edge
Pihole

and on the Android phone, chrome, firefox, and wifi and LTE

and the welcome PM uses the same UI, so it wouldnt work as well

204 users have valid/new registrations in the past 7 days, and 70 of those have posted threads/replies.

No clue why yours would be any different than any other, they all go thru the identical process. Nothing in your account is any different.

Sorry you had an issue.

In looking at your history, my guess is a VPN issue. Unsure what provider you use, but something to check.

no problem, just a odd thing. I used to be IT, so I should have been able to figure it out but resided that it must have been something to do with new user permissions on the server side.

I have a VPN but not on half the computers that were tested

no problem, just a odd thing. I used to be IT, so I should have been able to figure it out but resided that it must have been something to do with new user permissions on the server side.

I have a VPN but not on half the computers that were tested
More than 50% of your logins are VPN or Proxy services. Some of those are blacklisted via 3rd party. You are currently on your home system with a direct connection, so obviously no issue. Switching the VPN/Proxy on/off may have left some latent issues.

Still no clue why there was an issue, but again, something to check.

might be an anti-spam script you have running, my vpn triggered it on first login then the post ban persisted through other sessions

might be an anti-spam script you have running, my vpn triggered it on first login then the post ban persisted through other sessions
Spam filters are aggressive (which is why it is extremely rare on the forum). Given that some of the VPN logins were from flagged IP's, that's a likely culprit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom