1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New (to us) Sequoia - 2008

Discussion in 'Tundra / Sequoia' started by Steve Curl, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Steve Curl

Steve Curl

Media:
    I'm normally only in the 80 forums, but this weekend we traded my wifes 2014 Impreza wagon for a 2008 Sequoia Platinum (2wd). She was wanting something quieter, more comfortable, and something that will tow and road trip really well when we want to lead more 'civilized' lives (the 80 will still be used for the fun stuff).

Vehicle has just over 105k miles on it, and was purchased from our Toyota dealership, which just performed the 105k maintenance. It drives great, and was a California car its whole life, so there's not even a dash of rust on her.

I guess I'm wondering where to head from here. Are there some specific things to look out for? We plan on having this car for a long while (I want to put it over 200k myself).

2. Bryanseye

Bryanseye Inaffective Grammer Nazi SILVER Star

Media:
    Between pit of man's fears and summit of knowledge
    Congrats. We fell into the same pattern; 80 (his) and Sequoia (hers).

3. Steve Curl

Steve Curl

Media:
    She really (and I mean, REALLY) wanted a 4runner. Has always loved them, but after sitting in them, and then sitting and test driving the Sequoia, she just couldn't think of a reason for the 4runner with an 80 already in the family. It's a beast, for sure, but it's so comfortable, and much quieter than the 4runner.

She calls it our toy hauler... I love my wife :)

Tags: