New to the Area and Looking for a 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That looks nice

A big thanks to Mark for going to check out the LX570 at the Mercedes-Benz dealer. He has a great eye for several problems and we found it was in a previous accident. Gonna keep looking and consider lexus gx460s.

Well after 3 months of searching and seeing top dollar for sub-maintained 100s, I switched gears after a lot of soul searching and research. I found a great GX470 in Florida. I looked at 200s and found a nice one locally, but it was too big. I got it today
imagejpeg_8.jpg

Hey Guy's I am also in the lookout for a LX or LC but prefer LX. What would you say is a decent price to be paid for a older 2000-2003 LX/LC? I am thinking these with 160k-200k miles for around $8k would be a decent deal. i mean there are many many selling for a LOT higher than this price.. but i am willing to wait.

Also reason i am buying a older LC is b/c they are tanks. 2ndly I have 2 2015 sitting in my drive way (my pops Rav4 and family mini van). So this car is just a extra one for me and to do some light offroading. So I dont need something with low low miles.. just something decent.

that being said if I post a decent deal here How can I verify if this is a clean car? Are there people that can help me verify if this nice before I make the trip out west to get it?

Good luck on your search, clean 100's will cost you double your 8k budget with decent miles. The 2006-07 have Bluetooth and more power, good luck.
Mark

It's been fun to think I'll be paying 15k+ for a vehicle with no bluetooth.

Bluetooth phone started in 2006, for you to stream Bluetooth music you must move to a 2011 or newer land cruiser.

The early 200 series can not stream music. There are many people that do not realize this until they have their truck.

Why not a GX470?, you can get one with verified maintenance via lexus website for about $10k with mileage you are considering. Believe me, I looked everywhere for a 100, but the GX is definitely a worthy alternative especially if you are only going to do light wheeling.

Thanks for posting, looks like a lot of headaches and money. Even though they "are built like tanks", it's depends on who owned it. If someone abused it, it will cost you twice as much as you think to fix it.
Still recommend a GX for the value and the capability.
Granted my 3rd gen 4runner is my trail truck, I have gone nearly everywhere (mud, water crossings, rocky trails, etc) other guys with really well built 80s and 100s (except rock crawling). I think the same holds true with the GX, just check out Dan Kunz build and others on the 120 forum.

The pictures are of an LX. That truck better be cheap.

Auto correct got me, looks like a truck that was unloved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom