new to me 78' FJ-40 in the rough (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is my new to me 78' Fj-40.... go ahead and tell me how beautiful it is:flipoff2:

78J4000001.sized.jpg

Last edited:
I am confident that the body would be ripped off slowly, little by little, by the trees.... I can better assess the condition once I get it in the garage... need to really scour the floorboards, etc. to see what is what. I know it needs fenders but all the doors are repairable as well as the hard top. All the weather strip is good for the most part, glass is good, runs like a champ, and is relatively unmolested other than the steps which are missing and the turkey feathers all over the inside, and the turkey beard hanging from the dash that the previous owner kept ; )

That looks almost as good as the '78 we parted out last Sunday! If you need any parts for that cream puff, just let me know.

Am I mistaken or didn't you just get rid of a project turck?
Man, I need to get a garage so I can make my wife nuts by buying and selling toys.

Yes, I moved an 85' 4runner recently.... got this because it was a good deal and is complete... and as we know, they actually make replacement body parts for the 40 series.... unlike the 55's. This 40 is complete down to the air ducts to defrost the door windows... never molested other than by cancerous rust.

looks pretty sweet man...so whats the plan for it??...i still have an extra 40 front housing if ya need one to cut and turn and all that;) ...maybe me and dom will stop by and check it out;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom