New to me 2014 GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've owned a 2005 GX470 for a while now and we just purchased a 2014 Lexus GX460 with 111k miles. When I got it home I discovered some oil drips forming at the rear of the motor where a rear main seal leak would be common but it doesn't appear that it is originating from there because I see oil drips forming on the hoses to the trans oil cooler as well as if its being carried/blown to that area. I know that the timing chain cover is a common leak spot but from what I seen everything near that area of the vehicle is dry as well as the valve covers unless its on the absolute rear of the engine where I can't see it. Any common places I need to check? It was just at the dealership on 4/23/23 for a low pressure fuel pump and I figured they would have noted that it was leaking then but I see nothing in the notes from Lexus about it. The dealership where it was purchased changed the oil after I discovered it and its not a Lexus dealer so maybe it would have been leaking from the oil filter housing and running backwards? I'm going to have to put it up on stands and take the skids off so I can try to determine what is going on. Just need some ideas of where to start.

Suggest you wipe everything as clean as possible and see what develops over the next week or so. Also have you tried using one of the small mirrors on a telescoping handle for a better look behind things?

To the OP, could you comment on how you like the 4.6 compared to your previous 4.7? You will be a good person to share your comparison between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom