New to me 2000 LX470

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jhynesrockmtn

SILVER Star
Joined
Oct 5, 2024
Threads
19
Messages
178
Location
99223
I made it home with the new rig, a 2000 LX470. I bought it a while back, stored at my daughter's in Seattle for a few weeks and drove it home to Spokane WA on Labor Day. It promptly went to the shop for some known issues and a few "might as well while it's in there" things. All good. I am generally more of a DIY guy, but we have a long trip coming up soon and I am swamped with work and other projects including tracking down and fixing a bad transfer case leak on my FJ40. The 100 will join my 77 FJ40. 210k miles on the LX, big service including timing belt, etc. done at 188k, new metal heater Ts, Dissent rear bumper, Ironman front with winch and AHC delete with Ironman 2" lift. SCS F5s with Cooper Discoverer Stronghold ATs in 285/75/16. Excellent interior, everything works including the AC and sunroof. Really clean overall. This will be our Spokane to Arizona rig (we are old people with a snowbird place) and will see a lot of offroad time while in AZ. Dissent Jerry can carrier and white knuckle sliders on the way. Pretty excited.

PXL_20260815_192100087 (1).webp


PXL_20260815_192035439.MP (1).webp


PXL_20260815_192037898 (1).webp


PXL_20260815_192049189 (2).webp


PXL_20260914_233524076.webp


20250704_151139.webp
 
I’ll be honest. I like the fender stripe.
I really like fender stripes like that as well. Excellent color combo for the white
 
Last edited:
So clean! Congratulations
 
For some reason I'm loving that 40. Hit me up it you ever sell it; looks like we're only a state away.

LX looks good too. The big lights on the front are pretty rad
 
For some reason I'm loving that 40. Hit me up it you ever sell it; looks like we're only a state away.

LX looks good too. The big lights on the front are pretty rad
Thanks. The 40 has been a fun project. Unfortunately I've got a transfer case leak. It looks like the front seal, so I need to get after that, but it is a great rig. My last day trip to Sandpoint and over to East River rd using Baldy Mountain/Big Creek road was a blast. It is surprisingly ok on the highway and shines off road. I may decide to sell. If you are really interested I can give you more info. The Holley Sniper with their ignition setup make it run so well. I have been toying replacing it with an 80 series for use around here. My son moved to town with 3 of my grandkids and I'd like to have more room to safely take them on adventures. The rear seats in the 40 aren't the best for that :-) Cheers, Jerry
 
nice pairing - the 40 and the hundy. congrats!
 
Back
Top Bottom