New to FJ land from a 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Complete regret selling my 100, but at the time it was a financial thing.
Picked up a always wanted FJ.
2008 trails team
285/75/16's BFG AT2's.
Has what I thought was a level kit - front only , need to search to find measurements to see if there is a lift in the springs.
Mods: er, not yet. Working on wiring, has a cig plug I fixed for the Garmin under the dash. Ordering a USB port for s blank plug.
Just sayin hi for now, welcome me from a different area of the forum.
Driveway poser shot and took it camping the first week I had it, of course.

IMG_7427.JPG

IMG_7432.JPG

Welcome to the sub-forum. I've got an '08 as well and also pulled a camper for the first time Memorial Day weekend. Mine's not TT but is 6MT and I love it. Enjoy.

First repair. Could not find this anywhere on the web. Rear window would not open, fuses All good, took rear panel off and checked all wires, all good. The smallest of clips holds the actuator wires to the lock set. It was barely hanging on. Taped that thing on in the photo. I would bet this has happened to others.

IMG_7498.JPG

IMG_7499.JPG

I've been driving a 100 for just over a year, and now the wife is looking at FJ Cruisers, so I'll be following this thread closely. Congrats on the new rig, looks great.

sub'd

So far my opinion is that it's way too cool for me, I think I am more of a 4Runner type.
It is very spunky for a rock vehicle, it takes off quick and the throaty growl of the TRD CAI plus the exhaust makes it that much more fun.

First real off road trip, wow does this thing wheel. First impression is that I am not used to a smaller wheel base, but this rig makes obstacles seem like regular road. Approach angle and departure are way more than I have had in the past. Took the same roads in my 100, and it was almost night and day difference. Perhaps the weight? I do miss my cargo space for camping in the 100.
Route: Sand Hill Mountain, near Steamboat Springs Lake and Hahns Peak area.

IMG_7649.JPG

Ok what's this? The switch is a dummy plug, but the blue part was seated in it.
Upper left in the button panel, next to the Diff Lock

IMG_7714.JPG

Uggg internet searching.
Pre 2010, it was not an option.
So why the blue harness? Guess I'll have to get the switch and find out.
Not sure how often I will play spin the FJ, but was curious.

Welcome and nice FJC. How did your rig do while towing? I have a similar pop up with a kitchen slide out that I tow with a 1/2 ton. I think the camper weighs in at 3,200 lbs. I've been reluctant to tow with the FJC because of the weight. Thanks in advance for any input.

Welcome and nice FJC. How did your rig do while towing? I have a similar pop up with a kitchen slide out that I tow with a 1/2 ton. I think the camper weighs in at 3,200 lbs. I've been reluctant to tow with the FJC because of the weight. Thanks in advance for any input.

It tows fine. It does not tow as well as a 100, but it works. When fully loaded, watch for bumps on turns and be prepared. My pop up does not come close to the 5K limit nor would I be comfortable towing 5K with and FJ.

IMG_7741.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom