New Tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

74:
I thought about that.... When I looked at a previous set of rims with the same lug pattern off a F150, those hub bore was around 80mm and didn't even come close.... That's when I thought this deal was too good to pass up but I didn't know what it would cost to mill the centers out... So I passed.... That deal was great because he had 285/55/20 Dune Nitto's on and was going to throw in a set of 325's Nitto Terrra Grapplers in case I wanted to put a lift on mine (which I plan to). But I passed and thought these Enkei's would fit since they came off a Tundra and also fit a Tacoma...... So I'll see how much it would cost to mill these out... Otherwise someone with a 4runner, Tacoma, Tundra, or Sequoia will love these.

Thanks!

74:
I thought about that.... When I looked at a previous set of rims with the same lug pattern off a F150, those hub bore was around 80mm and didn't even come close.... That's when I thought this deal was too good to pass up but I didn't know what it would cost to mill the centers out... So I passed.... That deal was great because he had 285/55/20 Dune Nitto's on and was going to throw in a set of 325's Nitto Terrra Grapplers in case I wanted to put a lift on mine (which I plan to). But I passed and thought these Enkei's would fit since they came off a Tundra and also fit a Tacoma...... So I'll see how much it would cost to mill these out... Otherwise someone with a 4runner, Tacoma, Tundra, or Sequoia will love these.

Thanks!

Are you sure about that F150 lug pattern? I thought they were 5 on 5.5. not 6 on 5.5., I dunno. If I'm wrong somebody correct me cause I haven't looked at the newer trucks which might be the year model he's talking about. The only reason I'm stating this is so future mudders don't go out and buy F150 wheels after reading this thread and then they don't fit. Not trying to be an A-hole Biaggi.

No offense taken.

His F150 was 2004-2007 according to his link:
DEAL ON WHEELS....Don't miss it..

Mind you that the center hub diameter on the Ford is around 80mm

But if you get wide enough wheel spacers then the hubs won't matter....

I called a couple of machine shops and one said he'll take a look at the rims I have... I just need them to mill out 2mm and go about 1/4-1/2" deep... Also, I just bought a set of 2" wheel spacers with lugs to make these fit.... Otherwise, these will be up for sale.....

No offense taken.

His F150 was 2004-2007 according to his link:
DEAL ON WHEELS....Don't miss it..

Mind you that the center hub diameter on the Ford is around 80mm

But if you get wide enough wheel spacers then the hubs won't matter....

I called a couple of machine shops and one said he'll take a look at the rims I have... I just need them to mill out 2mm and go about 1/4-1/2" deep... Also, I just bought a set of 2" wheel spacers with lugs to make these fit.... Otherwise, these will be up for sale.....

Actually, I didn't think about it until just now but one should be able to get the spacers in a conversion to fit just about any wheel. That said I realize these are not an option for you anymore.

Ok, I know you guys like stock rims and big tires and I know some of you are hard core all terrain folks, but this is an occasional daily commuter that will tow a popup for the family camping trips...

But since I posted questions to this thread, I finally got the Enkei's on with 2" spacers. It turned out that the Enkei center bore was actually 4.25" but since it tapered smaller towards the center cap, the hub's bolts on the rear hub was preventing the rim to slide over the hub. So with a little dremeling, I shaved enough space inside the rim to allow the hub nuts to snugly fit inside the tapered center rim. It only sticks out about a 1/2" from the fender flares-- Although the front angle shot shows a lot more than it is.

Here are some pics of the 20" with 295/45/20 Pirelli Zeroes.... (that came as a Sport option for the 06 Tundra)
front.JPG
side.JPG
rear.JPG

Last edited:
:meh:

I don't dig it.

The rims fit the big wheel wells of the 80 nicely. Not my thing to :grinpimp: a truck, but it looks good :cheers:

Nice, not my cup o' tea but as great as they are off road they are also amazing on the road, great to see it being used for whatever the purpose!
Enjoy - Rusty

Thanks for the replies guys... I figured there would be a mixed bag of folks here. I am new to this forum and appreciate all the ppl's input of what they have done to their 80's. I do like this forum and definitely like the 4x4 look, so I'm sure I'll be buying from Slee in the near future..

If my oem rims/tires don't sell, I'll most likely start modding this puppy and mount some 33" AT's on those rims as spares and go for an OME 2-1/2" suspension lift for my alter ego. I used to have a 88 Jeep Wrangler wiith a 5" lift and 33" tires prior to the wife and 5 kiddos.... Loved it in the snow when I lived in the DC area, but now I live in Raleigh and it's just flat country with a bit of hilly areas and no snow except for freak accidents of nature....

After these tires go, I want to put some Nitto Dunes on to give it a semi "non street" look. But hey, I couldn't pass up these set of rims and tires for only $700....

:beer:

Cheers!

I've not beent to NC, but I bet there is plenty of wet weather. No good for the dune grapplers.

I vote your next set of tires be 42 inch BFG KM2s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom