New tires for the M416 and winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.badlandsexpeditions.wordpress.com
Rather than fool with new axles or adapters I just bought Jeep wheels for the trailer. I had some old 32 11.50.15 tires mounted on them.

Now I have to figure out how to carry the spare and get new fenders that are at least 14" wide. I am open to suggestions as to where I can find some fenders.

Thanks

IMG_20130606_144354_173.jpg

IMG_20130606_144401_915.jpg

IMG_20130606_150601_075.jpg

Last edited:
new tires and winch

I found a small winch at Harbor Freight that was on sale and with a 20% coupon. I thought it could come in handy mounted on the front of my trailer. I also had a Mac's Tie Downs vice. I had both mounted on the tongue of the trailer.

IMG_20130606_163852_723.jpg

IMG_20130606_164023_790.jpg

IMG_20130606_164029_149.jpg

Very very nice trailer ! Love the vice on there.Do you have a RTT on the trailer ?

Have you considered a rear bumper mounted swingout arm for the sparewheel ?

On our M101 CDN, I unbolted the fenders and took them to a metal shop for use as patterns to make wider fenders. I think that's your best bet. You're way beyond what a rubber fender lip would help with.

I have a RTT that is on order. My last tent was destroyed when the trailer flipped. I have a thread on that in this forum. I have thought of a reciever mounted spare tire carrier but think it will make the trailer too heavy on the rear.

I'd use a spare tire "winch" from a later model pick-up and hang the spare under the trailer. Either in front of the axle or behind it depending on what gives you the better tongue weight. Probably need to add some supporting structure for the "winch".
We had enough tongue weight, even empty, that we put the "winch" and the spare under the rear of the C.U.T.:
IMG_0285-1.jpg

Can *just* barely see it under the rear in this Sanford & Son shot.

I found a small winch at Harbor Freight that was on sale and with a 20% coupon. I thought it could come in handy mounted on the front of my trailer. I also had a Mac's Tie Downs vice. I had both mounted on the tongue of the trailer.
So what is the tongue weight now?

And what do you imagine is the use for that winch on the tongue? Self recovery of the trailer if it rolls away from the campsite? ;)

I suspect that a waterproof cover for both items would be a good idea.

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

I have not weighed it yet. The trailer is under a tarp when not in use. The winch is for any use I find it useful for. The winch is not that heavy .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom