New Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

holy cross, you should be ok on french creek since you'll do the go big or go home attitude:), you will go over where smaller would hi center. the treeroot on the hill might be a pucker factor. i've heard conflicting reports on it last year, i haven't been up there in a couple years.

grizzly, i'd avoid in a big truck. up near the lake, there's an off camber road that passes a meadow and the trail gave way sending a lifted exploder on a 2.5 roll down the hill. i was riding in a friends willies and we were both puckered going over that spot. again, haven't been up there in a couple years so that may have been repaired, but between nepa requirements and getting grants and oks with blm and forest service, very few trails have gotten the maintenance they need.

i'll do a little research for you on trails to hit tho :steer:

wow...apparently full size guys don't wheel. or apparently not here. i did find a couple of "full size runs" that equated to playing on a boring trail in the snow and driving down graded roads that have a washout area....wooohoooo. even the colok5 guys didn't have much of anything on their sight (well, lots, just in other states), but you might hit up claudia since she wheels with them alot.

so, that said. i think spring creek would be good. the shelf road might get a little pucker factor with really wide tires, but you should still have plenty of room.

kelly flats would be good. have good traction bars for heart attack hill tho...wheel hop could kill a pulling rigs momentum on the loose rock. crystal and moody might be good. some trees on crystal, so will be rocky mountain pinstriping, but that should be the worst of it.

red cone only really has one or two sections where pinstriping and a little seven point turn stuff might be required. heck, tow companies have had to get up there to retrieve rigs and they're not small (although, i do know of at least one tow rig that sustained about $1k in damage to retrieve a cherokee that barrel rolled a couple years ago).

just a few to get you started. traildamage.com will have info on the trails, as will bushducks.com. also will list opening dates (most of the trails are still snowed in right now).

Thanks for the info. :cool:

I'm having a hard time findin' fullsize references as well. Most folks just jack 'em up with big tires and then cruise the boulevards lookin' cool. Nothing wrong with that at all ... but I'm lookin' to wheel it to some nice campin' spots away from the RV's. :beer:

:flamingo:

Looks like another pile-o-parts came in with your name on them...

2013-05-20_10-45-44_770.jpg

Some assembly required ... :grinpimp:

Very rarely do a crowd of people agree on anythang. However, in the world of SuperDuties, there's an uncanny agreement that the best suspension system for these trucks is made by ICON Vehicle Dynamics. :cool:

Therefore, the pallet of parts Lance showed is piled up with their 6" all-spring lift kit, (4) shocks for the front, (2) for the rear, front dual-shock hoop kit, dual steering stabilizers, and an adjustable track bar. :cheers:

Now back to my yoga class before my instructer gets pissed ...

Last edited:
What?! No adjustable air bags?
;) Nick

Some assembly required ... :grinpimp:

Very rarely do a crowd of people agree on anythang. However, in the world of SuperDuties, there's an uncanny agreement that the best suspension system for these trucks is made by ICON Vehicle Dynamics. :cool:

Therefore, the pallet of parts Lance showed is piled up with their 6" all-spring lift kit, (4) shocks for the front, (2) for the rear, front dual-shock hoop kit, dual steering stabilizers, and an adjustable track bar. :cheers:

Now back to my yoga class before my instructer gets pissed ...

Very nice! :cool:

You're gettin' good at spendin' my money sir. :grinpimp:

... so time to ease on down to the local Harbor Freight and buy a set of friggin' tools so y'all can start wrenchin'. :lol::lol:

Very nice! :cool:

You're gettin' good at spendin' my money sir. :grinpimp:

... so time to ease on down to the local Harbor Freight and buy a set of friggin' tools so y'all can start wrenchin'. :lol::lol:

i don't think harbor fright sells the set you're thinking of.....

oh, and i want to see you in that yoga pose

590005B.jpg

Now you be careful there sir! Those are fighting words!

What's wrong with HECHO EN MEXICO?

And very proud to be the Mexican w/ the White Trash:hillbilly:

Now whatever happened to coil overs?

down here at the Border, the Stupid Duties got'em with the big shinny rims.

A friend of mine is building a Chevy w/ a healthy engine and Fox coil overs all around and throwing under some ford's one tons...

That truck is going to be hi.... that show girl will flex. I can assure you that.

Is the truck undocumented?
I can see Kowboy spending a ton o' money tricking it out only to have the Border Patrol seize it and deport it.
;) Nick

Nah, this truck has "hecho in mexico" all over it. I think they use the metric system down there so my Land Cruiser tools will work just fine on it... :D

I do have a clear title Nick. :grinpimp:

I know both my big-ass Dodges were made in Mexico. I think the SuperDuty was made in one of them hillbilly states tho ... Kentucky or Tennessee maybe?

... or at least assembled there from parts made in Mexico. :lol:

Ain't nuthin' wrong with bein' made in Mexico JP ... as long as you realize it was made by non-swimmers. Cuz all the ones that can swim are here in the US. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom