new suspension plan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was looking into getting some new shocks and springs. Was thinking of trying the Dobinson monster shocks with their 50mm lift springs up front and their 10mm lift springs in the rear. I've seen a lot of positive things said about their suspension products, albeit mostly pertaining to Prado's and Patrols but I thought I may give them a go. My LC is a 09 and is presently on the original shocks/springs. When I measured from fender to the center of the hub I'm getting 2" higher in the back compared to the front. Is that pretty typical or is the 9 year old suspension on my LC sagging or settled to make that front/back difference a little worse than it should be? 50mm in the front and 10mm in the rear would net me a gain of 40mm in the front (1.5" approximately). Just want to make sure the 50mm and 10mm won't lift the front too much and make it higher than the rear... Would I be better off going with 35mm up front?

Mine is similar, but I have Firestone helper airbags in the rear (albeit at a measly 5psi when not towing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom