New Rotors? Need help please. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=IdahoDoug link=board=2;threadid=12748;start=msg118332#msg118332 date=1078897657]
Ooh, I missed the cross threaded wheel bolt. Ask him if he rewards all his loyal 6 year customers by using an air wrench on their wheel bolts. Wanna bet he has no idea what the factory torque spec is for the lug nuts? Run. I like the Cruiser club suggestion.

DougM
[/quote]

Yeah, I liked the Crusier Club suggestion as well (I always seem to overlook the blatently obvious). I've already jumped on their site and sent a message. Hopefully I will hear from them soon.

Well, I just got the new stud. Get this, they wanted to charge me $35 for it. They broke it! They said, "That's just the parts cost, no charge for labor." Turbo, I have seen the light! Let's hope I hear from someone at the Central Florida Land Cruiser Association soon with a good mechanic.

Man, you should really get some tools and do the work yourself, if at all possible.

Heck, if you think you suck at mechanickery, at least you know what you are getting instead of being bent over and still getting a sucky repair job.

[quote author=shocker link=board=2;threadid=12748;start=msg118587#msg118587 date=1078943041]
Man, you should really get some tools and do the work yourself, if at all possible.

Heck, if you think you suck at mechanickery, at least you know what you are getting instead of being bent over and still getting a sucky repair job.

[/quote]

Funny thing is, I have tons of tools. It's time I'm worried about. Plus this is my DD so I'm out a horse to ride when it's down. That said, I do plan on tackling more as I learn more (mostly from this site).

Yeh,

I often wonder how much I'd be doing now if I wasn't brought up with such a do-it-youself mentality by my father.

Think that's why both he and I drive Toyotas: there's ultimately less that you have to do.

Do the work yourself. If it's your daily driver and you need a couple of days to get it done plan ahead and line up a cheap rental car. The the cost of a days rental is going to equal about 1/2 hour of labor charges at most repair facilities.

I've alway liked to understand how everything worked but I like to have others do the grunt work with jobs that are more complex then grease jobs, fluid and filter changes. I have this fear of taking things apart and when I put them back together I have extra parts :) I did that once with a 1958 Thunderbird with a 352 ford, (rebuilt it, rings, inserts, the whole 9 yards) it ran but I never could figure out why I had extra parts and I always worried that it was going to blow-up. I've never taken another car apart since that time, over 35 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom