For Sale New - Roof Top Tent - $900 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm in the same boat and also in the bay area. I sometimes drive down south, so I might be able to save people on shipping. No big deal.

Just an FYI, I just emailed Tepui with questions about a group buy as well. I'm curious what the price break down is. It seems like the OP's original deal is really good though.

Nice. Even if they can reasonably match the rei 20% + shipping i would be interested

IN for the GB if its still going to happen and he price is $700. were you able to get pictures of the actual product?

In for the group buy

I'm interested in the group buy

In as well for GB ..

Interested

Anybody heard if this will is gonna happen or?

Ditto. Interested in the group buy. Is it still on? Seems to be there are at least 5 people who are somewhat committed. Are there restrictions, i.e. same tent? I'm okay with the Mt. Shasta Extended Pioneer Gazer lookalike as originally listed.

I'm in the same boat and also in the bay area. I sometimes drive down south, so I might be able to save people on shipping. No big deal.

Just an FYI, I just emailed Tepui with questions about a group buy as well. I'm curious what the price break down is. It seems like the OP's original deal is really good though.

Nice. Even if they can reasonably match the rei 20% + shipping i would be interested

I'll be placing my stocking order in about 3 weeks for RTTs and awnings. I've reached out to one of the interested parties to see if he will facilitate the GB. I'm already ordering 10-15 tents for my inventory so pricing will already be in the 15% off range.

J

Group Buy going on now for all that's interested!

*Roof Top Tent Group Buy*

I'm interested in a group buy sort of thing, as I'm really interested in the Mt. Rainier with annex. If something like that didn't come together I'd still like to pick your brain about the process.

i'm in for a group buy

I too could be interested in a group buy depending on the final price.

Did you take photos of the tent. Definitely interested on the group buy after seeing photos. Thanks

Interested, but looking for the larger, Denali Equivalent for a family of 5.

potentially interested in group buy of shasta extended pioneer

Just curious if you could comment on what your timeline ended up being on the whole Process from order to arrival. Been looking at the different versions and it seems about 7 weeks minimum lead time. Would appreciate your insight having been through the process. Thanks much! Also may be interested in joining a group buy if delivery is possible before November 1st.

Interested for n group buy, possibly two

IN for the GB if its still going to happen and he price is $700. were you able to get pictures of the actual product?

Me too! Can you share the mfg name/website/location? PM if need be.

In for the group buy

I'm interested in the group buy

I'm totally interested in a group .buy

In as well for GB ..

Anybody heard if this will is gonna happen or?

Ditto. Interested in the group buy. Is it still on? Seems to be there are at least 5 people who are somewhat committed. Are there restrictions, i.e. same tent? I'm okay with the Mt. Shasta Extended Pioneer Gazer lookalike as originally listed.

Were you still looking for people to do the group buy?

Hi All

I have a BRAND NEW roof top tent I imported direct from an overseas manufacturer. I ordered several for me and friends, but unfortunately one of them backed out which is why I'm selling this one. It's the exact build and design as the CVT Mt. Shasta Extended Pioneer Gazer . CVT are imported as well and I'm almost positive the tent I'm selling is made in the same factory, the materials and quality are identical (my friend has the CVT). The materials on this tent is excellent and build quality is exactly like the CVT. Parts are identical too so you can swap out parts with CVT/Tepui/ARB/Smittybilt if need be. The design is all the same.

Details:
Features: Fold out style with over hang extension
Capacity: 2-3 Person
Tent Material: Heavy Duty 280g poly/cotton Rip-Stop Canvas, 100% Waterproof, Mildew Proof, UV Treated, Wind Resistant
Rain Fly Material: 420d - Durable Polyester Canvas, 100% Waterproof, Mildew Proof, UV Treated, Wind Resistant
Pole: Aluminum Standard
Base: Light Weight Aluminum with plastic insulation
Ladder: Aluminum Sliding Ladder
Mattress: High Density Foam Mattress with Washable Cover
Travel Cover: High Quality PVC cover, 100% Waterproof, UV Treated
Tent Color: Tan
Rain Fly Cover: Tan

This tent is still sealed in the box, but I can take more detailed images of my tent (exact same) upon request.
I'm asking $900, which is pretty much cost (shipping, agents, forwarders, customs, duties, fees, etc) My preference is local pick up near San Francisco, CA. I can ship too but the buyer must arrange the shipping details and pay for all costs.

PS. If several of you are interested in group order type of thing, I can assist now having gone through this extremely tedious process of working directly with oversees manufacturers. The more people the cheaper it is.

RTT1_1024x1024-L.jpg

RTTsizing_1024x1024-Th.jpg

Just curious if any interested parties actually read the OP's post? It is NOT a CVT Shasta. He THINKS it's made in the same factory, etc etc. Here's a quote from Expedition Portal RTT comparison:

Things you should know before reading

1. Not all roof top tents are the same – Many people assume that RTTs are largely similar with small differences in branding. The truth is that quality and durability can vary widely from tent to tent. Just because two tents look alike, doesn’t mean they are alike.
  2. Some roof tents ARE the same – The market has recently been flooded with various companies claiming to be producing “new” RTTs. Amazingly they all look the same, and that is because for the most part they are. Nearly all of the Chinese tents are manufactured in the same two or three plants, so only logos, colors, and some small components might change. This doesn’t always make them bad quality, but be sure to thoroughly investigate the price and materials before purchase.
Remember, you get what you pay for.

In addition to the material already posted above, if anyone wants to know who actually manufacturers the tents (CVT, Tepui, etc), all you need to do is search on the website listed below.

So, if you want to compare apples to apples, this is one way to start. and yes... sometimes... literally it's just a different logo. However, as stated above, many of these manufactures make similar tents, but they may not be identical in either quality or build. I spend way too much time looking up this kind of stuff. Enjoy!

ImportGenius | International Trade Databases for Import-Export Businesses
Tepui Outdoors Inc in Soquel, CA
Cascadia Vehicle Tents in Bend, OR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom