New Project 63 Chevy 4x4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hre are a coupla of more shots
IMG00023-20100807-1323.jpg
IMG00017-20100807-1310.jpg
IMG00020-20100807-1322.jpg

I'm partial to Fords but that's one GM truck I would drive!!

I am actually partial to fords now, but this truck was the year I first drove as a kid, I was 11 years old, didi farm work out of it, cheers, Larry

I decided to replace the front axle to get disc brakes and make the power steering conversion easier pic's to follow

Great looking truck. What axle did you swap in the front, did you leave the stock rear axle, and are you using the original 63 frame?

The front axle is out of a 76 Blazer it's a Dana 44 with disc brakes, I still have the stock rear but I will likely upgrade it to the blazer axle as well so I have the better brakes, The steering linkage for power steering would not be easy with the early axle and a stock steering box is very expensive like 600 bucks and a 400 dollar core. The frame is off a 62 truck, I had both if I would have known the differences I would have kept the 63 frame, larry

man oh man, this is making me miss my old '65, great job!

63 Chevy truck

Hi Larry. I saw your 63 Chevy build here, and I have also recently built a 63 4X4 Chevy shortbed. I have some extra parts if you need them. Is your truck an original 4wd? I can send you some pics of mine if you would like to check it out. I would also like to see some more pics of yours. I don't see many in 4wd around here. By the way I may have met you at Cruise Moab? Later Joe

It's an original truck, I actually had two of them, I sold it to a guy in Great Falls MT, but I would love to see some pic's of yours. email to Larry.brewster@northwestern.com

I haven't made it to Cruise moab maybe this year if i get the current cruiser finished, rebuilding the 2F this spring, looking forward to seeing what you have, cheers, Larry