New OEM Roof Racks on Ebay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sewell Lexus's Ebay store - Lexus-Parts.com is selling new OEM racks for 98-02 LX470's (which would fit an LC as well). They're asking $188, but I offered $160 and they accepted. Search for "LX470 Rack". I know most posts are about removing the factory racks, but I'll be glad to get this on as not having any rack certainly makes it harder to haul my canoe around. And, if you do your own install, you can make sure you do it right.

Speaking of which, anyone got a factory rack they'd be willing to part with for cheap? I was putting mine back on and realized I had misplaced the two middle plastic foot covers. Otherwise I have the complete rack, just not those two feet, but didn't want to buy a whole new rack just for that.

Thanks,

Tried searching, but wasn't able to find an answer. Will the lexus roof rack bolt onto an LC? My 98LC has never had a roof rack on it, so I'm in the market for one. I assume that it would bolt up, but figured I'd ask before spending the $.

Thanks in advance

rich

Did you offer them 160 through ebay or call up their store?

Before going gung-ho and buying rack.....Mods req'd for 100 series

Just wanted to let you guys know that beore you go and buy the lx470 rack (which i did) and yank the old rack off (which I also did), you will need to make a few mods (which i also did unwillingly) to make the rack work. Apparently the lx470 rack is shorter in length than the factory 100 rack and mounts on set of threaded inserts back from the 100 series mounts, which creates an issue with the factory trim strip which does not have a cutout for the rack inserts. You two choices. Remove the factory trim in the rain channel altogether, or cut out a 5.25 " long opening for the new mounting location and buy a filler insert (part name unknown to me) for the now vacant front threaded locations. You can take the bolts in the rearward location and move them into the now vacant forward holes. Good grief. In addition, check you packaging for ALL parts. I got all my parts, just the wrong ones. I ended up with a rack foot cover that didnt fit (two front rights no left).:eek:

I will let you know if their parts guys take care of it or if they are to be avoided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom