New Metaltech front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I haven't seen that CBI ever made a bull bar for the LC. The Overland Exp bumper they made was not a bull bar bumper.

Yes, they did.

zbq1R2f.jpg

Trail Tailor made a full bull bar? I know he made a bumper, didn't see a full bull bar.

.... yes I own one

Yes, they did.

zbq1R2f.jpg

.... yes I own one

Ahh, well my bad... I saw TT's other bumper, but never saw this *one*. I haven't followed every page of the huge thread.

Where did the CBI pic come from? Even a google search didn't return a result.

I'm not here to defend MT, cause I won't be buying that bumper personally, but I don't see anyone actually selling either of these anywhere.

It came from a build thread on here and Expedition Portal.

If you give them cash, they will make you one. As far as I know, that's the definition of 'for sale', unless you're Metal Tech apparently.
Given this tone, I guess I'm the second person on this thread who won't be continuing this conversation with you.

The CBI one was really nice, but it was custom. I asked if they could make me one and they said they would need my truck in the shop to do the same bumper again. In MT's defense I'd give them credit for having a production bumper available before CBI.

TT doesn't list the 200-series bumper on their website, but Jason has definitely had a bullbar designed and being built for at least 2 months now, since I put my order in for one after seeing @TonyP's bumper in March. TT is doing production runs and selling/shipping them. Maybe MT has had these out since before March (I'm not sure when they officially became available)? Maybe someone will argue that the TT bumpers weren't officially for sale if they weren't posted on the website?

Frankly as a bumper buyer I don't care who was first at manufacturing in the US. I'm much more concerned with fit & finish, strength, customizability, etc. In fact there are a number of benefits to being 2nd or 3rd, as you get to learn from others mistakes in their design. And whether or not I like the design, I'm glad to see another shop adding another choice to the front bumper options out there, and I hope they do the same for the rear.

Big T is just calling it like he sees it. Vendor A took offense and protected their brand, and their employees reputation by standing by their products in good faith. Good on them. However... not a single one of Tony's (valid) questions were ever answered, just deflection after deflection. LOTS of concern w/ this bumper, I actually think T made a lot of good points and there are still a lot of outstanding questions if you can look past the heavy rhetoric.

MT - look at like this may be Gen 1 for you, Trail-tailor didn't exactly get it right the first time either and moved onto gen 2. In fact, those w/ a bull-bar who's seen Tony's in person, what would you improve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom