New Metal Tech Cage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The A pillar includes multiple bends for fitment around the dash. The B pillar is effectively only two bends to form the top hoop, and the same/similar with the C pillar.

The strength lost from multiple bends can be offset thru the use of stronger materials.

i second the request for sliders, i've been planing on making my own, but i'm sure you're better at this stuff than me. i think some really stout sliders that bolt and or weld to the frame but stick out just a hair farther than the body would be awesome.

woody said:
The A pillar includes multiple bends for fitment around the dash. The B pillar is effectively only two bends to form the top hoop, and the same/similar with the C pillar.

The strength lost from multiple bends can be offset thru the use of stronger materials.

Bingo.

Also A pillars are out flapping in the wind by themselves. What I mean by that is in basic form they are attached to each other across the top near the windshield frame. From that point down to the floor they are on their own. Then depending on the floor / frame ties yes/no, they are just that bolted to the floor. Of course things like dash bars, hip guards and frame ties change all this if also used with the A pillars.

The Metal-tech full cage kit has the B and C pillars in basic form tied together in no less than 12 places!

4 points in the custom mounting plates (Full plates)
4 points in the rear over head bars
4 point in the B to C triangulation bars on the sides

Basically the rear section of the full cage is a box.

Mark

texas77fj40 said:
i second the request for sliders, i've been planing on making my own, but i'm sure you're better at this stuff than me. i think some really stout sliders that bolt and or weld to the frame but stick out just a hair farther than the body would be awesome.

They are comming real soon!

Mark

Mark , what about the windshield sliders we talked about , any thoughts on how they would look ?

helocat said:
They are comming real soon!

Mark

Come on Mark! SNEAK PEAK! If you are really making some I am putting my own plans on hold...

SNEAK PEAK!

Rezarf <><

oops... I meant peek, not some mountain top in Nepal.

4 years at an engineering school and I only had 6 hours of english... go figure.

Rezarf <><

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom