New members New members! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Guys, just joined up and looking forward to getting to know more folks that appreciate cruisers. We have owned a 1997 80 series for a while now and I’ve definitely used this forum to help me get to know it. Located in beautiful 96, SC. Happy Monday and hope y’all have an awesome week!

Michael
614C2F93-FB37-4DDA-9F71-832C5FCAD375.jpeg

I'm a year late, but I'm a new member to Upstate Cruisers.

My name is John and I'm located in Irmo, SC. Not exactly "upstate", but just down 26. Some of you may have met me at what would have been the 2020 Relic Run or the UC Mt. Mitchell camping trip. I'm not usually able to make the monthly meetings, due to work, so I keep tabs via the clubhouse, emails, and calendars.

As far as my rig, it's a 1978 BJ40, right hand drive diesel. I picked it up in December of 2019 from a JDM dealer when I returned from a deployment. I am currently going through it and hope to have it restored to its former glory. So if any of you are B Series, 24V experts... I may need a point in the right direction every now and then. 😂

Thanks again!

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm a year late, but I'm a new member to Upstate Cruisers.

My name is John and I'm located in Irmo, SC. Not exactly "upstate", but just down 26. Some of you may have met me at what would have been the 2020 Relic Run or the UC Mt. Mitchell camping trip. I'm not usually able to make the monthly meetings, due to work, so I keep tabs via the clubhouse, emails, and calendars.

As far as my rig, it's a 1978 BJ40, right hand drive diesel. I picked it up in December of 2019 from a JDM dealer when I returned from a deployment. I am currently going through it and hope to have it restored to its former glory. So if any of you are B Series, 24V experts... I may need a point in the right direction every now and then. 😂

Thanks again!

View attachment 2586839

View attachment 2586840

View attachment 2586841

View attachment 2586842

I remember visiting Japenese Direct down your way and seeing the mustards. There were some 60's I had watched for a while.

I remember visiting Japenese Direct down your way and seeing the mustards. There were some 60's I had watched for a while.
Yes.

He had a very nice 70 for a brief period. I kick myself for not having gotten it. He has an FJ43 LHD for sale right now that's in good shape. There's quite a few non-Toyota rigs parked out next to the Hilux. Great place.

I'm always tempted but I want to stay focused on my 40. Even if it's a pain in the ass being a 24V and diesel. I haven't found anyone who wants to deal with it.

Last edited:
Yes.

He had a very nice 70 for a brief period. I kick myself for not having gotten it. He has an FJ43 LHD for sale right now that's in good shape. There's quite a few non-Toyota rights parked out next to the Hilux. Great place.

I'm always tempted but I want to stay focused on my 40. Even if it's a pain in the ass being a 24V and diesel. I haven't found anyone who wants to deal with it.

@Trollhole loves all of them! ; )

I dunno, @Trollhole may not want any 24v Diesel headaches. 😂

I dunno, @Trollhole may not want any 24v Diesel headaches. 😂

I would first check with Trollhole but if he passes, you should give Peter Merriam in Atlanta a call. He's not on MUD but I can PM you his contact info or just google Merriam Automotive in Duluth, GA. Peter maintained a fleet of Land Cruisers in Papau New Guinea while he was a Bush Pilot for a missions team. He knows a lot!

I would first check with Trollhole but if he passes, you should give Peter Merriam in Atlanta a call. He's not on MUD but I can PM you his contact info or just google Merriam Automotive in Duluth, GA. Peter maintained a fleet of Land Cruisers in Papau New Guinea while he was a Bush Pilot for a missions team. He knows a lot!
Right now the 40 is at a local shop who does light work for a JDM importer and a few collectors. They're checking out an electrical issue I couldn't track down. As soon as they come back with a diagnosis, I'll be tracking down the parts and adding them to inventory for restoration. A South Carolina based Land Cruiser shop like Trollhole would be my first stop, especially since he's active with UC. Keep that money in house, so to speak. :)

But yes, send me the contact info just in case. I have friends in the Atlanta area who would prefer to give someone of his background their money rather than chain store shops.

Hey y’all my name is Logan and I just joined Upstate Cruisers! I’ve had my 99’ Cruiser for a little over a year now and couldn’t be happier with it (despite its little quarks and things that I’m slowly trying to fix 😂). It’s my daily driver + family adventure vehicle. Looking forward to meeting y’all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom