New member looking for engine help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi all,

Just retired from law enforcement and bought a 1975 FJ40 to restore. I have spent a lot of time looking over the forum and have learned a lot already. My FJ has a non running small block chevy V8 going through an advance adapter to the tranny.

I am thinking of three re-power routes and wanted to get anyone's opinion on what might be the best route. I want to keep it simple and direct. The FJ will just be a daily driver for me with very little off road use. I had one in high school and loved it. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

1. ATK HP32C-EFI Chevy 350 with a 700R4 tranny
2. Same engine but rebuilt my stock FJ-40 tranny
3. Chevy 6.0 L96 truck Crate engine ( Any tranny suggestions ?)

I will keep searching the forum for information but any thoughts on my specific FJ would be greatly appreciated. I am planning a full frame restore.

Thanks so much for your time.
Hi all,

Just retired from law enforcement and bought a 1975 FJ40 to restore. I have spent a lot of time looking over the forum and have learned a lot already. My FJ has a non running small block chevy V8 going through an advance adapter to the tranny.

I am thinking of three re-power routes and wanted to get anyone's opinion on what might be the best route. I want to keep it simple and direct. The FJ will just be a daily driver for me with very little off road use. I had one in high school and loved it. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

1. ATK HP32C-EFI Chevy 350 with a 700R4 tranny
2. Same engine but rebuilt my stock FJ-40 tranny
3. Chevy 6.0 L96 truck Crate engine ( Any tranny suggestions ?)

I will keep searching the forum for information but any thoughts on my specific FJ would be greatly appreciated. I am planning a full frame restore.

Thanks so much for your time.
Welcome to Mud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom