new life of my LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Reiti there is a Fabryka4x4 on the south, I have their bumpers front and rear (with tire carrier). They have very good offer (paid for two less than $1200). If you need to deal with them I can help.

Hello again,

Dismantling works always take less time than reassembling.
Finally she is back on the driveway.
IMG_1789.jpg

you can see individual plates, this is shortcut from W Pogoni Za Szczesciem - means Pursuit of Happiness - it was the title of our RTW trip from 2010/2011.
You can see Fabryka4x4 bumpers, they are solid and fit quite well (need some works on the rear - but not a big deal).
Rear bumper is equiped in tire carrier and hi-lift hanger.
IMG_1681.jpg

no plan for the winch right now, but there is a dedicated plate for it.
IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

and there is set-up with beloved RTT from James Baroud
IMG_2246.jpg

looking inside you can see new leather cover on driver seat, new leather on gear knob, and on the steering wheel :) Small things but makes life more "luxurious" finally it is Premium Class SUV :)
IMG_2378.jpg

Before first test drive after rebuild I did repack of front bearings
IMG_1871.jpg

I used Terrain Tamer
IMG_0785.jpg

Rear breaks needed much deeper service (over $200 in parts :( ) but finally hand break is working.
Break pads replaced with EBC Yellow Stuff - breaking power increase by 300%. Next upgrade will be replacing disc breaks with something from DBA.

You can see on first pic in this post big led bar on the roof rack - I had to change position of it - even with spot type of lens installed in it, there is too many reflex on the hood. So much better position for it is front bumper.
IMG_1906.jpg

Second battery installed as well - with T-max steering panel
IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_2346.jpg

this is the set of buttons boys likes most:
IMG_2356.jpg

and those
IMG_2371.jpg

searching for best position for 220v outlets
IMG_1826.jpg

and 1000W inverter in the central console (cd changer and sub removed)
IMG_2384.jpg

here test of new lighting in the car:
daylights in the bumper (required in Europe)
IMG_2395.jpg

and full power of light (high beam on):
IMG_2399.jpg

Car, excellent at you! I too would like such. In Russia Lexus LX450 meets seldom. Land Cruiser 80 meets more often.

Today, just a short update
for wnter Cooper Disco in 235/85/16 installed - fuel consumption much better compare to BF AT 285/75 (+2,5mpg - urban)

finally upgraded audio - as after 19 years factory front speaker died definitely
IMG_3159.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg

it was not so easy to find right set of speaker - space in the door is very limited - I choose Focal ($100) for set.
Tweeters no more play for my knees :)
IMG_3183.jpg

Alpine with BT do the job (and tons of insulation in doors and on the floor
IMG_3184.jpg

next upgrade is headlamps using HIR bulbs (9011 and 9012)
IMG_3193.jpg

by the way - how looks belts -factory - after 8k miles
IMG_3187.jpg

Very nice work. I need to take all the plastic off my LX to and check for more rust. I cannot believe all the work you did, and to ship it from the states to Poland - crazy! Keep up the good. A good friend of mine is from Poland.

that's the point, there were almost no rust on the body, big surprise is under plastic (unfortunately Lexus has much more plastic around).

shipping to Poland is not a big deal, the only problem is current economic situation in my country. US Dollar is much stronger (polish zloty lost 30% of value in last 6 months).

coming back to my project, this weekend i made simple relocation kit for plate number - I used alucobond plate (10"x4")
IMG_3194.jpg

i cut part of tailgate preparing additional storage space:
IMG_3200.jpg

there are local made drawer system with sleeping platform:
IMG_3196.jpg

IMG_3197.jpg

in the black one i can install Waeco fridge
IMG_3198.jpg

New tires just came
IMG_33761.jpg

much narrower than previous - I will check how original wheel works with 235/85

in the meantime working on installation of safety anchor points for child seat.
As kids growing constantly :) they no more use seats installed using factory seat belts.
the plan is to use 1inch strap (strength more than 360kg)
tasma_2t.jpg

Last edited:
by the way - how looks belts -factory - after 8k miles

Hey check the fsm but I think you want the v-belts running on the other side of that tensioner pulley, the way you have it might be stretching the belts too much and causing the premature wear.

Beautiful rig man!

you are absolutely right
I will fix it today, don't know who's idea it was...
In the meantime wheels came back from powder painting
IMG_3435.jpg

32" for '99 Swift?
IMG_3408.jpg

Bike rack,

As holiday time is coming (we go for few weeks to Slovenia/Croatia), and there is a need to take four bikes, I did a research of available options. Unfortunately here (Poland) there are not to many to chose from.

All typical bike rack installed on back of car (trailer hitch kind) dramatically decrease offroad capability.
The solutions dedicated for offloading - are expensive - and what even more important dedicated only for bikes.

Finally I decide to do it by myself (using welding skills of my friend).
Idea is to have a frame installed back using trailer hitch (I made additional in rear bumper to be dedicated only for this purpose - it is good 8in higher than original one - of course cannot be used for trailer but for bike rack is more than enough).
The frame could be used as base for typical bike rack (I have 4 Thule in garage), and ski rack as well.
In next stage I plan to build small box installed on this frame - or a transport cage.
that's the prototype (does not look to fancy :) )
IMG_4117.jpg

but the final version seems to be a bit more professional:
IMG_4119.jpg

IMG_4122.jpg

IMG_4126.jpg

main frame is dedicated for three bike racks, two pipes at the end of this structure is for additional frame (for one bike rack).
IMG_4118.jpg

total length of main frame is approximately 95cm (37,4in) (meassure from end of bumper), it is 70cm (27,5in) wide.
Ground clearance at the end of structure is 70cm (27,5in).
departure angle seems to be close to the original for FZJ80 (without lift or bigger tire).

Now powder coat and tests :)

Approve of the graphics on the truck in your profile pic.

@Adventure Ready I asked my friend to prepare graphic based on your car. No idea wher he found white LC pic, hope is not a problem (in the meantime idea changed),

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom