New LC Owner! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

Just bought a '97 FZJ80 from a good family friend. I have always loved land cruisers and finally came around one in good shape. The previous owner always had it maintained at a dealer with records. Previous owner has had brake master cylinder, power steering, radiator, and A/C compressor replaced in the last 10,000 miles by Toyota. Most of this work was done in 2017/2018. It is triple locked with 248,xxx miles and runs like a top, it was hardly used in the past 3 years by the previous owner so as soon as I got it I replaced belts, hoses, shocks, engine oil, coolant. Diff and transfer case oil is next on the list.

Only things that do not work are the power drivers seat, safari windows are seized, power antenna (looking to replace with stationary antenna), and sunroof does not open. Paint is a little rough but planning on getting some trail stripes anyway.

I do believe the Birfs need a rebuild, they don't make any noise but do have grease caked up underneath (in pictures below).

Eventual plans are a small lift with 35's, but I want to get her 100% mechanically first.

Looking forward to being apart of the LC community and would appreciate any input/advice!

cruiser copy.jpg

LC Interior.jpg

LC Under.jpg

LC Passenger Birf.jpg
LC Driver Birf copy 2.jpg

They don't need to be rebuilt; if anything, they are dry. Its a total loss grease lube system.
If they needed to be rebuilt, they would look like diarrhea pouring out of them.
Oh! and Welcome to Mud :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:
Good looking rig. The condition of the seats is downright amazing.

They don't need to be rebuilt; if anything, they are dry. Its a total loss grease lube system.
If they needed to be rebuilt, they would look like diarrhea pouring out of them.
Oh! and Welcome to Mud :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:
Good looking rig. The condition of the seats is downright amazing.

Good news, I’ll add it to the list. Thanks

This is what they look like ( or worse) when they need to be rebuilt.

This is a truly spectacular example. YUCK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom