New house in Florida (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Back story, moved to south Florida in 2020 and renovated a house, moved to Panama City Beach area in 2022 for a new job, sold house for good money and now building brand new. Development is a wooded conservation area, 1500 acres but only 450 home sites.

We bought two lots at the back of a cul de sac and set the house right in the middle.

My wife and I designed our house and then had a draftsmen do it right. Design guidelines require a Florida woodsy camp design, we went with a dog trot design. We are empty nesters and don’t like long term visitors:). Had to build at least 1800 air conditioned sq ft.

Right side will be main house, great room and kitchen with a butlers pantry that includes wall ovens, dishwasher and sink in addition to the kitchen appliances, in back is the master with full bath, walk in closet and laundry. MBR also has large glass door to deck.

Left side will be efficiency type bedroom with full bath, closet and wet bar with fridge.

Here’s the fun stuff…entire area will be under roof and screened so HUGE deck space where we plan to add a kitchen.

It’s Florida, and has to be on stilts due to flood zone, underneath both quarters is concrete slabs. Smaller slab on left will be closed in eventually and serve as our gym.

And the best part..for me at least, the entire slab on the right will be my man space, 42 ft wide by 35 ft deep. I’m gonna need some more projects!

Right now it is getting framed and roof trusses should be on by end of the week.

1st pic is the foundation ready to be poured, second is the garage framed, third is from the other side, smaller pad under the efficiency, last is the main floor being framed, same general POV as third pic.

They are currently sheathing the sides and setting the deck joists that connect the two structures and provide the back deck.

CC653DDC-449B-4770-B9D7-08BD8DB58D1D.jpeg

152F1F2C-7236-4223-A592-6BD3CA30A238.jpeg

CC330082-818D-4E65-9DEA-19F85C485095.jpeg

2EEEC0CB-A64F-49B6-B1ED-91C99D441B76.jpeg

Congrats, wife and I in the same point in our life. Empty nesters for less than a year and planning on starting construction on new home in next 3 months.

Congrats, wife and I in the same point in our life. Empty nesters for less than a year and planning on starting construction on new home in next 3 months.
Congrats to you as well!

You will be starting the next build thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom