New GSMTR Chairman (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wanted to take a minute and introduce myself to you. My name is Andy Scott and as most of you already know, I have taken the position of GSMTR chairman for the STLCA. I have been an attendee of GSMTR on and off since 2001. I attended my first event as a guest of my brother Eric. We had a great time and over the next few years made many great friends. For a few years after Tellico was closed, I didn't attend the event. I've owned a few Toyotas including a mini truck, a 60 series, a 40 series and my current FJ Cruiser. In 2013 I started going again and I continued to make new friends. In 2015 Andy Ridge asked for help with the event and I volunteered to help out with the raffle and social media. In 2018 after 15 years of dedicated support, Roger retired from the position and I volunteered to take his position as chairman. The club officers took me up on this offer. I feel honored to be here in this position. It's a huge responsibility that I do not take lightly. I intend to make this a commitee ran event where all of us are involved in decision making. We all want to continue the tradition of this great event and while we plan to keep most things the same, I'm sure we'll also make a few changes that we feel will better the event. We have formed committees including the raffle, activities & general. We are always looking for volunteers with the event. I'd like to thank everyone who is helping. Andy Ridge, Jason Hoffman, Regina Hoffman, Eric Scott, Jamie Murphy, Rob Theurer, Hunter Burnett and Tone Southerland. Without these folks this event wouldn't happen.

FB_IMG_1543934131279.jpg

Hey Andy, congrats on the position!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom