new carb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i've had stock carburetor, the holley, the 32/36, and the 38/38. i'm currently running the 38/38 and i say its the best by far. the holley sucked off-road and used a lot of gas (but mine was old) the 32/36 wasn't powerfull enough and kinda lost power at higher rpms. my 38/38 has given me much better gas mileage over the holley, i'm gettin about 14-16 mpg. i like the weber, i hear they run rich but i have high altitude jets near sea level, that problem is something i've had to deal with.

as far as total power the holley may have won. my engine is gettin tired but i could lay a good scratch with the holley, and haven't yet with my 38/38. go muscle...

hope this helps some

The accelerator pump squishes raw gas into the carb to compensate for the full throttle you have just given it by mashing down on the pedal.  You can check it by removing the air cleaner, so you can see down into the carb, I mean directly into the carb.
OOOHHHHHHHH :slap: THATS what that thing is. I took my carb off this weekend so that I could replace the exhaust and intake manifold gaskets, and I noticed that lever with the little rubber boot. Started playin around with it manually squirting it and such. :G I remember there being a solid stream of gas flowing in. I guess its something else then. How do you measure for maximum vacuum when adjusting idle mixture?

I rebuilt my stock carb..soaked in in hydro seal for a couple days...blew out all the passages ect ect...put it all back together and now it revs UP and down at idle...i have looked all over for air leaks ect ect...i can't figure it out...i can't tune it...the thing is being a PITA i am about ready to just go TBI and be done with this dang old school carb stuff....UGH

johnny why did you get a new carb to begin with? do you have a fuel flow regulator? ahev you ever had any trouble with your weber? how long have you had it? i just want to get all the info i can before i invest $400 into a wber and have it not work right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom