New brakes on my 42 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, whats the best places to source afforadable breaks for the front of my 42. Rotors and callipers etc. NAPA? rockauto?

I need to rebuild my knuckles and figure id get a kit from cruiser outfitters then source locally for brake stuff to save cost.

I bought reman front Calipers from NAPA for a decent price (About $70 usd/side) Eclipse brand or some other E name... even painted black work great.
Rotors were about $70 cdn each... in my case I had to redrill to fit my 77 hubs.

In a nutshell, you have to jump through the hoops of the discount scam at the local parts places.

I freaking hate the system.

"How much?"
"Depends, what's your name?"

The idea that two people can walk into a parts place at the same time and pay different prices for the same thing is horse****.

I need to pickup 4 calipers, pads and an mc shortly...so I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I've had decent luck with bumper to bumper lately.
Brake parts that are powder coated with 10 year warranty. I usually just tell them 85 Bj60 because it seems like the easiest for the drones to look up.

X2 Ever since Bumper to Bumper bought out JB, I've been getting better parts prices.

What year calipers are compatible? Should i swap out the short hose also?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom