New Addition To The Family (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Granite Grinder

IH8RUST
Threads
Couldn't find a decent 60 series, so I had to settle for this:
IMG_1081.JPG
IMG_1086.JPG

A 1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser, US spec, 148,000 miles and yes, she has lockers
Never thought I'd stray to the dark side, thankfully we still have our 62 series for everyday wheeling' :)

Nice...

Once you go 80...you don't go back.

Our 62 has a 3f-E, fuel mileage is irrelevant. Heck, our main ride is a '06 Dodge Ram HEMI. Fuel stations are our friends. It was a bit more bearable when gas was $.95/litre

Highway to 50. I am so glad my ass is in a comfy ride. Yes I admit it - Loved given up my manly trucks for the 80

You will love the trip to Moab next year when you arrive nice and refreshed.

Well done! Where did you pick it up?

Nice score, Phil.

Looks like a blank canvas...

Let the build begin! What are you planning at this point and yes...easy to get spoiled in an 80.

gb

Picked it up in Fernie for $4,500. Like @gofast would say, a beater with a heater. No plans really, baseline it for starters, the passenger inner axle seal seems to be non existent, lockers don't engage, hard to get into 4 low, she needs some loving'. This is to replace my grey 62 that also had the pleasure of landing on its roof last winter, this will be my daily driver, fortunately I don't need to drive that much. Stepping up to airbags, hopefully I (or Tracy) will never need them :)

lockers will only engage in 4-low unless the previous owner installed a CDL switch... main culprit of both lockers not engaging when in 4 low is the transfer case switch... you can bypass it temporarily to confirm that it is the switch and then replace accordingly.

wow - good deal on price

lockers will only engage in 4-low unless the previous owner installed a CDL switch... main culprit of both lockers not engaging when in 4 low is the transfer case switch... you can bypass it temporarily to confirm that it is the switch and then replace accordingly.
Ah, well I can't get her into 4 low, so that might be an issue. CDL switch is on it's way

that might apply to the early ones... in the later years they got rid of the CDL switch and the CDL would only lock "automatically" in 4Lo... the CDL needs to be engaged for the lockers to function.

yes allot more electronics in the last units. mine wont even engage overdrive in low range. been meaning to bypass this.

Score! Let me know if anything you need, just squashed a 96, moon glow pearl on tan leather (why not grey??!!). Might have the odd bit you need and cheap for your attention here.

Mike had a finalized verbal deal on a stripped out 80 diesel for his 60 engine swap, never heard what he decided, busy guy I guess...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom