New 2004 GX470 Owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,

Just wanted to introduce myself. Stalked the forum for a few months and finally bought my first Lexus! After a 6-month search for either a Jeep LJ, Lexus GX470 or 2000-2007 Landcruiser I finally found a clean Lexus GX 470 with 129,000 at a very reasonable price.
It literally popped up online while I was talking to an owner of a Land Cruiser. Put a deposit down on it within 2 hours of it popping up. Drove out to Alabama from Colorado to pick it up. I did spring for a new timing belt, Water pump, thermostat and a few maintenance items that were due that previous owner had declined from the Lexus Dealership as they were about to trade it in. Spotless frame, no accidents, no dash cracks, 90% of service done by Lexus in Alabama. Super stoked to join the GX community. Would love to go out tomorrow and go crazy doing all the mods. That's unfortunately not in the cards. However, lots to look forward to in the next 5-10 years. I love this car more than I ever imagined. Had been driving a 2020 Toyota Tundra and I'd choose the GX470 all day long. Wish I went this direction a long time ago.

Repairing my front speakers and subwoofer this week. Looking forward to doing this myself. I'm usually a guy who pays to have this stuff done and I usually regret not just doing it myself. Trying to decide when the running boards are coming off?! :) Only other mod I can really afford was a new key fob case and that's already been done.

Feel free to share any tips or other cheap mods you recommend.

Scott
Longmont, Colorado

tempImageQyBCjY.png

IMG_5661 (1).jpeg

tempImageMEKljD.png

Nice find! I know how the search has been, took me months as well, and turned down so many that had issues. I’m happy to hear others patience is paying off.
I like the KeyFob case. Might have to look for one.

I’ll be following along to see what you do with stereo, as that’s on my list.

If you do take off the running boards, I found some cool replacement panels for that front fender on Etsy, of all places.

Nice find! I know how the search has been, took me months as well, and turned down so many that had issues. I’m happy to hear others patience is paying off.
I like the KeyFob case. Might have to look for one.

I’ll be following along to see what you do with stereo, as that’s on my list.

If you do take off the running boards, I found some cool replacement panels for that front fender on Etsy, of all places.

Thank you!

Key fob was from AJT Design. Almost certain I found out about it from this forum or Lexus forum. Shipping was fast. Really happy with how sturdy it is. Those things usually crack so easily.

Do you have pictures of the replacement panels? My original plan was to cut across the entire top of the running board and re-insert that part to cap it off. I think it was Victory 4x4 slider instructions that show the best way to do that. Was also thinking about running a strip of LED lights behind it to keep some lighting for entry.

Thanks again for the reply!

Do you have pictures of the replacement panels? My original plan was to cut across the entire top of the running board and re-insert that part to cap it off.
Here’s what I pulled off Etsy.
I think there’s a few sellers. Just search GX470 and you’ll have a solid hour of browsing random trinkets. Lol.

Enjoy

98D55BB1-B12E-4D9B-979B-B4551FD3DF0E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom