New 1FZ shortblock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So 100% new factory 1FZ-FE like yours truly? If so, DOPE!
I plan to do factory new other than the external items like intake and exhaust manifolds, the bolt on stuff that doesn't go bad.

I have a drawer full of sensors and vacuum switches I've been slowly collecting. As well as hoarding shims. My wire harness is brand new as well but I installed it on the recent refresh.

My timing chain oil pump all that stuff is only a year old I haven't decided if I want to reuse it or go brand new again seems pretty excessive to not reuse it it only has about 10K on it but again I haven't decided.

I plan to do factory new other than the external items like intake and exhaust manifolds, the bolt on stuff that doesn't go bad.

I have a drawer full of sensors and vacuum switches I've been slowly collecting. As well as hoarding shims. My wire harness is brand new as well but I installed it on the recent refresh.

My timing chain oil pump all that stuff is only a year old I haven't decided if I want to reuse it or go brand new again seems pretty excessive to not reuse it it only has about 10K on it but again I haven't decided.
Intake is NLA. Valve cover is NLA. Throttle body is NLA. Otherwise, I would've done it all for a truly 100% new factory T long block.

Upon completion of my 1FZ-FE, I did new OEM from manifolds to exhaust tip. 105 power steering gear box and pitman, etc. Extra credit if you even went so far as getting a new oil cooler assembly and new factory fuel injectors.

It's only money. :D Hope mine lasts another quarter mil+. I'm going to be one old mf'er.👴

Intake is NLA. Valve cover is NLA. Throttle body is NLA. Otherwise, I would've done it all for a truly 100% new factory T long block.

Upon completion of my 1FZ-FE, I did new OEM from manifolds to exhaust tip. 105 power steering gear box and pitman, etc. Extra credit if you even went so far as getting a new oil cooler assembly and new factory fuel injectors.

It's only money. :D Hope mine lasts another quarter mil+. I'm going to be one old mf'er.👴
Very nice I plan to leave no stone unturned I'll also be sending in my steering wheel as well as my steering box for rebuild while it's out.

Those other side projects I'll be doing as well I've got a brand new booster and master I'll be installing as well as other items in the engine bay.

No stone can go in turned when you love your 80.

With the refresh and as much as I drive my 80 I'll be able to take my time and really enjoy the journey of building a new long block.

You got a recommendation on block paint and prep?

Very nice I plan to leave no stone unturned I'll also be sending in my steering wheel as well as my steering box for rebuild while it's out.

Those other side projects I'll be doing as well I've got a brand new booster and master I'll be installing as well as other items in the engine bay.

No stone can go in turned when you love your 80.

With the refresh and as much as I drive my 80 I'll be able to take my time and really enjoy the journey of building a new long block.

You got a recommendation on block paint and prep?
I'm really glad to have another solid 80 steward on board. :)

Unturn the steering gear box stone. Don't rebuild it. No such thing. Just get a new factory 105 box while it's available. Thank me later. You'll enjoy it even more than the new engine. You know for sure it's tight as a drum like Toyota intended and starting from factory fresh.

I just had Kyle at Martin Davidson's Machine Shop paint the short block black and keep the valve cover factory finish. Not a fan of adding color to the engine myself. I'm sure others can chime in on the paint prep and all that jazz or search for it.

P.S. I made it 5 years! Never owned a car for this long.

I read you state the valve cover is NLA but this isn’t true. I bought a new one not long ago and there are still plenty in stock at partsouq. You’re slacking🤣

765420D7-1A2D-4205-A0B3-4236F864CAE7.png

I’m gonna check in 69 seconds and see partsouq’s inventory fall by one. One each VC headed to LA. LMAO.
You know me pretty well by now. HAHAHAHA, but passing on it. Not going to crack open my flawlessly performing 14K mile young engine.

But if the intake or throttle body are still avail, vamos!

P.S. Will also take hot leads on new or factory reman A343F and new transfer case

I'm really glad to have another solid 80 steward on board. :)

Unturn the steering gear box stone. Don't rebuild it. No such thing. Just get a new factory 105 box while it's available. Thank me later. You'll enjoy it even more than the new engine. You know for sure it's tight as a drum like Toyota intended and starting from factory fresh.

I just had Kyle at Martin Davidson's Machine Shop paint the short block black and keep the valve cover factory finish. Not a fan of adding color to the engine myself. I'm sure others can chime in on the paint prep and all that jazz or search for it.

P.S. I made it 5 years! Never owned a car for this long.
Ahh get down, I have been reading a bit of mud on the new box having a 105 in it. I'm a big new fan when I can.

Do you know if it's true all new gear boxes have the 105 sector? Part number?

I'm stoked to be in the solid 1fz club, thanks for paving a way making it easier your complete parts list is sweet!!!

Love finding unobtanium on Partsouq

I just landed all new sunroof trim, a bunch of sensors and vac switches as well as some other goodies.

Thanks for reminding me,

Does anyone have a opinion on reusing lifter / valve shim buckets?

Don’t forget the actual sunroof

View attachment 3259107
Yeah I've been wondering if there's some actual maintenance or belt changing or something I should be doing up there. I greased everything last year. I just haven't taken the time to read up on mud what needs to be done.

Yeah I've been wondering if there's some actual maintenance or belt changing or something I should be doing up there. I greased everything last year. I just haven't taken the time to read up on mud what needs to be done.
If your sunroof seal is going bad, Toyota doesn't sell just the seal. You have to get the entire sunroof in order to get the seal. So I got it just to stash away in case mine ever leaks on me during my ownership period because that's a deal breaker for me. I live in SoCal, but Seattle is my hometown.

Doesn't sound like a fun job, but easier on the 96-97s from what I read.

If your sunroof seal is going bad, Toyota doesn't sell just the seal. You have to get the entire sunroof in order to get the seal. So I got it just to stash away in case mine ever leaks on me during my ownership period because that's a deal breaker for me. I live in SoCal, but Seattle is my hometown.

Doesn't sound like a fun job, but easier on the 96-97s from what I read.
Ahh nice

Nope, I'm still sealed but I try to never use it just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom