New '15 GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Traded my 14 Jeep GC SRT for a 15 GX460 Premium no ML system. Been binging on posts and decided to join the forum.

Was looking for a 2014+ in any silver with black rims, found Virgilus11's (can we tag forum members here?). That's what I want to model my new ride after... tastefully done, looks incredible!

First up is tint and audio system help. This stock system succkkks. Got an estimate today from a new to me audio shop... $3.2k including $1200 labor for all new speakers (except center speaker, will disconnect it) and a 10" JL sub/box. I was blown away lol... going to hit a few more shops to see if that's reasonable or not.

Next, either paint the factory wheels black or find aftermarket ones. From what I have read, I can install Bilstein 5100's with height adjustment up front. Set on the first height notch up for something like .85" inch lift to level it out and reduce the braking nose dive. A lot of highway miles for me, so want a road friendly A/T tire. Seems I can get away with 275/65/18 with minimal or no rubbing, especially with the adjustable Bilsteins a notch up.

Also a sensible floor/liner option after 3rd row delete.

Look forward to sifting through more info here and seeing what I have to learn! Give me a shout if you have any ideas/thoughts on my start

Last edited:
If you run Bilsteins you’d houkd be able to fit 275/70/18 no problems. Check out GXOR on Facebook for some ideas. I have seen people run 285/65/18 on aftermarket wheels with no offset on stock suspension and it looks mean. Also check out the GX460 hashtag on insta for some ideas. Congrats!

First off, nice ride! I just hope you don't get bored driving with so few ponies under the hood... :hmm: The SRT has what, like twice the HP as the GX?
I just added the Weather Tech floor liners in my 2013 GX 460.
Mine is white exterior with light color interior and brown carpet. The mats match almost perfectly AND I can fit the carpet factory mats on top of Weather Tech mats while still using the same factory placement hooks that hold the Weather Tech mats in also.
This allows me to have the nice factory carpet mats on top of the Weather Tech's and when the weather, mud, snow, sand, whatever gets bad outside, I just pull off the factory carpet and while leaving the Weather Tech's in place and they catch all the crud.

@ryanCA
It's a big change for sure... but the 6.4L in the SRT Jeeps are a headache/money pit. It was not a great experience owning it, although driving it was an incredible experience. It was an awesome machine... 5500 pounds shouldn't get to 60 in 4 seconds lol (I had a few performance engine components)

@CoastCruiser
Thx! It is in great condition. Already in the GXOR group. Went to a tire shop and had them roll out a 275/65 to see how it looked and it was plenty big for me. Are you on the second notch on the bilstein 5100's or raised higher? Just front or front and back?

@r2m
I definitely miss the fun of the Jeep.... but I don't miss the other "stuff" lol. My 15 GX I am guessing is the same dimensions as your 13? Really my only concern is providing mats/cover for the cargo area once I remove the third row.

@Virgilus11 do you still have your GX?

275/65 18 on 18x9 Methods -16 and I had a tiny amount of rub on front passenger wheel well. Did a little trimming now it’s no issue. I do have a 2.5’’ dobinson lift in my garage waiting to be installed.....one day lol.

B3902095-B8CF-4603-A363-98FA43F1B89D.jpeg

006700AB-58F5-4C88-96DA-59187EE11905.jpeg

F0B3907D-85F5-45C8-8A2F-142840D7AE04.jpeg

@ryanCA Google "6.4 hemi lifter failure". It is not a cheap repair, I would not own one that's not under warranty or had the issue addressed without OEM parts.

I like what you have done @Carnevino, looks sharp! A little trimming can be a bit subjective... what did you trim? Also, which tires are those? Road noise?

Regarding the issues with your Jeep, that's why I posted this:
Considering a 2013 Lexus GX 460
Go down to post #9 (my post) and my feelings about reliability vs speed.

Last edited:
You car looks great with new wheels and tires. I wouldn't have gone black on those wheels, but man it looks nice and aggressive. Great job!

Guess you need one of those 100K warranty on those FCA products

@ryanCA
It's a big change for sure... but the 6.4L in the SRT Jeeps are a headache/money pit. It was not a great experience owning it, although driving it was an incredible experience. It was an awesome machine... 5500 pounds shouldn't get to 60 in 4 seconds lol (I had a few performance engine components)

@CoastCruiser
Thx! It is in great condition. Already in the GXOR group. Went to a tire shop and had them roll out a 275/65 to see how it looked and it was plenty big for me. Are you on the second notch on the bilstein 5100's or raised higher? Just front or front and back?

@r2m
I definitely miss the fun of the Jeep.... but I don't miss the other "stuff" lol. My 15 GX I am guessing is the same dimensions as your 13? Really my only concern is providing mats/cover for the cargo area once I remove the third row.

@Virgilus11 do you still have your GX?

Yes, I still have the GX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom