Need transfer case rebuilt need a good shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been told by two mechanics that I need my transfer case rebuilt. I'm getting a bad bearing sound from it. Cruiser has 310k the case looks like it has been worked on before due to the red silicone used for gasket material. I'm looking for shop recommendations to do the work. I will not be able to do the work out of my house unfortunately. I have called Metro transmission and Oside transmission both want to rebuild both the transfer case and transmission at the same time. Please let me know any recommendations.

Assume this is for an 80 series? I would find a used low mileage unmodified one and swap it in.

They can be had for $200-$400. Check the MUD classifieds. If you can find a low mileage partout you may as well grab the tranny as well. Probably get a better combo price.

Sorry, missed the part about not being able to do the work at your house. If you can find a place to do the work and a buddy you can save yourself a bunch of money over having a shop rebuild yours.

if you must rebuild, Valley Hybrids in Stockton is the best.
@orangefj45 the guys took mine apart, dropped in a set of OD and Low gears too, and it's killer again.

How much did it cost to have it rebuilt? I got a quote for $2200 without gears. It seems expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom