Need to replace my low pressure A/C hard line (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My A/C system recently sprung a leak around the evap core so I thought it would be a great time to replace some stuff and retrofit to r134a. Pretty shocking how dirty these old evap systems can get after 28 years:

bzBr5sJ.jpg

However, it quickly became pretty obvious that the leak originated from the low pressure hard line that connects to the expansion valve and pokes through the firewall:

YTQUc2G.jpg

Anyone know if Toyota still makes this part? Any advice would be much appreciated.

I would give @beno a try on that one. I think they are NLA, but he would know for sure. I have one, but it's part of the entire A/C box that I would like to part out as a single unit. Hopefully someone else can chime-in with one.

Lechnito,
I am replacing all my ac components too in my 84 Fj60. Replacing the compressor, dryer, evaporator, condensor, expansion valve, O rings, and having custom hoses made locally that are barrier or lined hoses for r134a refrigerant. Thinking of trying HC12a like Duracool, Redtek, or Frostycool but haven't made up my mind yet. Let me know what refrigerant you plan on using. Good luck on finding this part.

Thanks for the tips, fellas!

I'll call around to some AC shops in town and see if they can't fab up a new one for me.

@TallCityCruzer - whoa, you've got a lot of work on your hands. I'm just replacing the evap core, expansion valve, low pressure sensor, drier, oil, o-rings, and compressor fittings. I think I'm just going to use the standard r134a refrigerant but would be interested in hearing results if you should choose to try something else.

That low pressure Hardline is always bent from people laying/leaning/pushing on it in the engine bay.
Might be a good idea to build a reinforcement on the outside of the firewall to protect a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom