Need some advice on where to source brakes for my rig... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 97 GX Diesel Wagon that needs new brakes.
Looking for Front & Rear Disc Brake assembly with Rotors (Brake Calipers / Brake Pad Set / Brake Pad Assemblies)
Not sure where to begin my search?
Any insight would be really helpful.

I don't believe there is any difference in the late model 1996-1997 80 series diesel vs petrol

I have "Lexus" front brakes and brakes complete kit pads/rotors/ hand brake assembly.

my rear and fronts did need conversion to 1997 brakes as I'm on a 1991 hdj81

unless yours is equipped with drum rear brakes then that is gonna be a different conversation but if your Disc brakes are all around you should be good to go..

and It all depends on what you want aftermarket or OEM

I have Remanufactured Calipers from NAPA
Aftermarket pads and rotors from Rockauto

if you want OEM ill support my local dealer or ill order online Partsouq.com or Amayama or even visit the I8hmud vendors Cruiseroutfitters,Slee,Raddcruisers to name a few its always nice to throw a bone back at the Landcruiser community

I don't believe there is any difference in the late model 1996-1997 80 series diesel vs petrol

I have "Lexus" front brakes and brakes complete kit pads/rotors/ hand brake assembly.

my rear and fronts did need conversion to 1997 brakes as I'm on a 1991 hdj81

unless yours is equipped with drum rear brakes then that is gonna be a different conversation but if your Disc brakes are all around you should be good to go..

and It all depends on what you want aftermarket or OEM

I have Remanufactured Calipers from NAPA
Aftermarket pads and rotors from Rockauto

if you want OEM ill support my local dealer or ill order online Partsouq.com or Amayama or even visit the I8hmud vendors Cruiseroutfitters,Slee,Raddcruisers to name a few its always nice to throw a bone back at the Landcruiser community
Thanks again for the input! I am exploring my options & trying to go with OEM vs After Market. Prob a higher price... but looking to keep this OG.

Thanks again for the input! I am exploring my options & trying to go with OEM vs After Market. Prob a higher price... but looking to keep this OG.

Pull part numbers off megazip then search for them

You might be surprised whats avail from your dealer for usually reasonable prices and in stock or a day or two away from date of order.

So much of the aftermarket (not all) of it is made in china and you get what you pay for.

They are going to be the same as a regular u.s spec . I have a 97 as well and pretty much the same . The dealership to me have been great and rotor aren't that expensive.

I just sourced a 97 GX diesel from the GCC and it's equipped with rear drums. Anyone point me in the direction of someone who has done a rear-drum to disc conversion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom