Need options for under seat or other handgun safe for 2007 GX 470. What are you using? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Like a lot of folks, I intend to hollow out and line the disc changer with felt.

....leaving the faceplate and sliding door intact. Rather than secured, disguised (and handy).

Built a custom box in the DVD player location for my rig. Pretty easy to do.

I pulled out the guts of the center console where the armrest should be and installed a Lockerdown safe. Then I made a cushioned cover to put on top of it.

IMG_20201226_170210741.jpg

IMG_20201226_170220140.jpg

I recently installed Seat Jackers, highly recommend, and they make a bracket that mounts to them across the base of your seat. I’m debating on using this to attach a holster to.
IMG_4416.jpeg

Why on Earth would you lock up your firearm in the vehicle , after all , you lock the doors , besides ,
that makes it difficult to quickly get to your gun when you need it ?? :)

In Michigan we have new legislation stating our gun is required to be locked if left behind in the vehicle. I don’t full understand the coverage of the law, but started looking into this idea. There are so few places to store in these vehicles. I am even wondering about the door. Can a safe be added and concealed in the door.

Why on Earth would you lock up your firearm in the vehicle , after all , you lock the doors , besides ,
that makes it difficult to quickly get to your gun when you need it ?? :)
Because a car door is really easy to open 🤷‍♀️ plus a push button coded safe takes but a second to open. If you're in a quick draw situation and your pistol is in any safe it's your situational awareness and planning that's amiss not the secure storage of your firearm

I life in rural Missouri, and I'm a gun owner (and have been for a very long time). Leaving a gun in a vehicle when the vehicle is unattended - even in a locked vehicle - is IMO not responsible firearms ownership. Vehicles get broken into all the time, thieves rustle through the vehicle and will quickly find something like a handgun. In taking with my local police, we've had numerous gun stolen by people leaving them in their vehicle unlocked! Which leads to more illegal guns on the street in the hands of criminals. Please be responsible with your firearms so that we keep guns out of the hands of criminals and so that we can continue to enjoy our 2nd amendment rights :).

FYI I don't have a locked storage compartment in my GX - if the handgun is in the DVD box cubby, I'm in the rig or within eyesight of it. Otherwise it's on my person.

I life in rural Missouri, and I'm a gun owner (and have been for a very long time). Leaving a gun in a vehicle when the vehicle is unattended - even in a locked vehicle - is IMO not responsible firearms ownership. Vehicles get broken into all the time, thieves rustle through the vehicle and will quickly find something like a handgun. In taking with my local police, we've had numerous gun stolen by people leaving them in their vehicle unlocked! Which leads to more illegal guns on the street in the hands of criminals. Please be responsible with your firearms so that we keep guns out of the hands of criminals and so that we can continue to enjoy our 2nd amendment rights :).

FYI I don't have a locked storage compartment in my GX - if the handgun is in the DVD box cubby, I'm in the rig or within eyesight of it. Otherwise it's on my person.
What do you do if you're out and about and have errands to run and one of them is at say the post office where you can't carry your pistol in? Where I live is better than most on this issue but theres a lot of places I go where I cannot carry legally. No choice in some cases but but to secure it in the vehicle. Either that or your not carrying at all on that particular day which to me is more risky. Everyone has different bottom lines but responsible gun owners have to make difficult decisions sometimes due to the hodge podge of laws and local regulations depending on where you are in the world

What do you do if you're out and about and have errands to run and one of them is at say the post office where you can't carry your pistol in? Where I live is better than most on this issue but theres a lot of places I go where I cannot carry legally. No choice in some cases but but to secure it in the vehicle. Either that or your not carrying at all on that particular day which to me is more risky. Everyone has different bottom lines but responsible gun owners have to make difficult decisions sometimes due to the hodge podge of laws and local regulations depending on where you are in the world
I only very seldomly carry so that is not an issue. If you cannot carry legally than do not - or leave it in a secured/locked location in your vehicle.

I agree that my locked vehicle is a secure location but obviously comply with your local laws. Beyond that it is a personal and situational decision. I’m generally tired of people making criminals out of the victims of crime. To answer the question, I just keep it in the door pocket.

Do you have photos of it installed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom