need jack opinion (1 Viewer)

cartercd

SILVER Star

Spend the extra $25 and get one from Hi-Lift. When you are jacking up a 5,000 pound truck you want to be confident it isn't going to come crashing down.

Get a genuine Hi Lift.

I like Harbor Freight for various items. But I do avoid them when it comes to tools that are needed for precision measurements, or where a tool failure could result in limb crushing injuries.:wrench:

Mine is sitting in the back of my garage. I won't give it to anyone cause I'm scared they'd get hurt with it. I haven't used it that much, never got wet and I oil it and the dang thing won't come down. The pins get stuck all the time.

Josie'sLandCruiser

Stop calling it a "FJ."

Hi All:

There is a copy of the Hi Lift jack made in Canada called the "jackall." Although I have no personal experience with the "jackall" I've never heard a negative comment about the quality of it.

Regards,

Alan

Awl_TEQ

Supporting Vendor

Hi All:

There is a copy of the Hi Lift jack made in Canada called the "jackall." Although I have no personal experience with the "jackall" I've never heard a negative comment about the quality of it.

Regards,

Alan
I was under the impression that Jackall is Hi-Lift, or vice versa. Jackall may be a common term used to describe a Hi-Lift type jack. A quick search online yeilded no links to any Jackall manufacturer - but did link me to Hi-Lift
http://www.hi-lift.com/press/knockoffs.html
Why a Hi-Lift® jack is better than a cheap imported knock-off jack

cartercd

SILVER Star

Jackall is made by Maasdam, which is the same company that makes the highly-regarded Pow'r Pull hand winch. Maasdam also owns Bucket Boss which make tool bags/belts. Their website, maasdam.com is horrible to navigate, but they do have an online catlog. I think the Jackall is a viable alternative to the Hi-Lift and certainly better than a no-name knock-off. Jackall would be harder to find and replacement parts would be more difficult to source than Hi Lift.

I have the harbor freight jack that I purchased for the limited purpose of getting the truck onto axle stands.

As far as quality goes, it's worth the extra money for the real thing. I would never rely on this jack for anything in the field, or anything where I was under the vehicle.

If I didn't already have my Hilift 48" I would spend the extra for the Xtreme Hi lift. for the quick connects and Chain attachment.

Cruiserdrew

On the way there
SILVER Star

Re: The Jack-All. I've had one of these for years and years. It came with my first FJ40. It's Canadian made and just as nice quality as a real Hi-Lift. The only thing I don't like is the fact that the handle is welded onto the jack and can't be removed like on a real Hi-Lift. It is otherwise an obvious (but high quality) copy of the Hi-Lift. It's Orange instead of read. I think the pins are the same, but not certain.

Anyway, for the purposes of this thread..Hi-Lift is OK, Jack-All is OK, Dangerous jack type tool from Harbor Freight is not OK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom