Need input - Reman engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would like to get some input from those with experience buying a reman engine online. Seems as though there are only 3 options available at this time. Or if that’s not the right choice, any referrals to someone that can rebuild the engine around maryland would be appreciated.

I have a relatively low mileage 91 land cruiser that has started knocking for one reason or another. Took it to my mechanic and it doesn’t seem like I have any quick/cheap repair options.

He recommend a used engine, but the options are limited, and I’d rather not put in another old engine. I thought about an LS swap, but decided to keep the cruiser original.

So here I am, looking for some input or direction. The 3 options for remain engines run between 4k-7k. The one attached is the 4k one from

DD8A030C-C3F6-46A8-90A6-8165E6642D00.png

Sorry, I hit the post button by accident, and it doesn’t look like I can edit the post…

Anyways, the 4K option is from “gopowertrains”. If anyone knows them and has feedback it would be appreciated.

If anyone has a referral for someone that can rebuild the engine around maryland I would appreciate that as well.

In the end, I want something that will last another 30 years with the truck…so I don’t need to cheap out with a used engine, but I also don’t have money growing on trees. Thanks in advance

Just buy an engine from someone who has done the v8 swap. I would never pay that much for a reman 3FE.
Ok well, first let me know where that someone is so I can get the ball rolling. And second id rather pay another 2-3k for something new

Remanufactured it’s not new and have always been of questionable quality.

I would look into a low mileage use Japanese engine, there’s a couple companies that operate out of Los Angeles.
The motors are usually 30 K miles or less and come with a warranty.

Not sure what’s available on the East coast.

And welcome to Mud

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom