Need help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

orangefarmer

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all. I'll start at the beginning. When it was still running great. Only issue was a code 71 that I was planning on taking care of at a later time. Decided to remove the abs, since I'm part-timed and have a soft pedal. brakes work fine, just the pedal is soft. I've now also replaced the master, and the pedal is still soft, may need to bleed the system again.

So I remove the abs system following the instructions on here. runs fine. Pull the ECM fuse to reset the CEL. Now it runs like s***. Has a major stumble. And a metallic clicking sound (maybe the PAIR valve?). Run codes. 71 is back, so is code 25. I have an OBD1 reader, and bank 1 is reading topped-out rich. So I changed out my O2 sensors, thinking one went bad. I start it, and its much better, but still the CEL (code 21 and 28). Disconnect the battery. Reconnect battery after 10 min. Start it up, and it runs worse than 15 min ago, just like it was before (but no CEL). Drive it, and there is still a stumble and the metallic clicking sound. I've cleaned the outboard O2 sensor connector. I've gotten it to operating temp, and driven it (not far) to see if any code would come back. Nothing. All of this stated after I pulled the ECM fuse, after taking out the abs system. Other than replacing the PAIR valve, what should I be looking for?

The pic is a screen shot of the OBD1 reader, the video is to hear the engine running, and near the end you can hear the metallic clicking sound. * I'm trying to figure out how to convert the mp4 to an acceptable format, and will up load it when done.*

Thanks for the help.

Screenshot_20210404-115348_TOYOBD1.jpg

GifMaker_20210410165201932.gif

With my 1993 Land Cruiser, anytime I disconnect the battery or stop power supply to the computers the truck runs rough for about 5 heat cycles before getting back to normal. Maybe try getting it through a few heat cycles and see if it goes away?

There's no sound
There's no sound

Sorry about that. I am tech inept. My phone recorded in mp4, and it wont let me download in that format. Seems the gif has no sound when downloaded even though it has sound on my computer. I'm having trouble finding a (free) converter from mp4 to jpg.

With my 1993 Land Cruiser, anytime I disconnect the battery or stop power supply to the computers the truck runs rough for about 5 heat cycles before getting back to normal. Maybe try getting it through a few heat cycles and see if it goes away?

I will try to put some more on it, and see if it helps. Thanks

Sorry about that. I am tech inept. My phone recorded in mp4, and it wont let me download in that format. Seems the gif has no sound when downloaded even though it has sound on my computer. I'm having trouble finding a (free) converter from mp4 to jpg.

Goes to show how bad I am at tech. turns out that jpg is for pics, not video. I.ve got lots to learn.

Thanks for all of your help guys. After banging my head against the wall, and spending a lot of money, I found the problem. One of the previous owners put am aftermarket temp gauge in, and I had to take the wire off to put in my new master cylinder. I guess that I knocked the plug off of cylinder 1 injector. It looked like it was on, but it was just sitting on top. Runs great again. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom