Need help with name of a part for 81 toyota pickup. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know it not a cruiser but I couldn't afford to import and had to have a toyota diesel.

I have a small but growing fuel leak on my injector pump. It is leaking right where the throttle shaft goes down into the pump. I tried to tighten it a little and got a bigger leak and some black dust which makes me think a seal has fallen apart.

I am travelling right now and go home in 1 week. The only parts place is a NAPA and I want to have the correct name for the part when I go. Can someone help? Is it a "throttle shaft seal" or something similar. Is there an injector pump rebuild kit I can buy to make sure I get the part?

Thanks.

You won't like this answer but injector pumps are not normally servicable by the average mechanic. You need a diesel mechanic to do very much with them!
I'd live with it till you get home and then have a diesel injection specialty shop have a look at it.

Thats okay. A toyota diesel is still very nice.
I am guessing that engine is a 2LT.

If need be a friend has a spare engine (with a cracked head).
It came out of his 1985 toy diesel pickup.
He might be willing to part with the injection pump if need be.

He is selling the truck, so I don't think he needs the parts engine.

PM me if you need his info, and I can check for you.
This thread will probably get burried fast and I might miss your responce.

Cheers,
Nick

thanks for the help. it is sounding like i need to rebuild the injector pump. i am hoping it can get me home and i will deal with it there.

You do not need to rebuild the injector pump, just change the top gasket and the throttle shaft o-ring and be done with it. Either bosch (ask for VE) or toyota seals will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom