Need help with a window issue. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently got 3M tint on my front windows to match the factory tint. Now I can't raise my left rear passenger window from the driver window controls. I can lower it, but not raise it back up without reaching across the car and using the window switch on that door. I have a feeling the issue is something simple in the driver switch for that window & before I take the panel off I was hoping to get an idea of what to look for. Any advice?

Roll the affected window up and down fully 3-4 times from the affected door switch.
Should cure the issue for you

This also happened to me on my rear left passenger window switch from the driver control on my 03. The plastic was so brittle, that the small piece that protrudes out to hit the contact switch, had broken off. I ended up switching out the singular switch/cap from another master driver control panel I bought (bought the wrong one and caused a parasitic power drain so if you do decide to switch out the entire assembly, make sure you match the exact P/N for your year).

I just had service to replace the timing belt, pump and upgraded the alternator. Afterwards, I couldn't control any passenger windows from the master control panel. Lowering the windows and bringing them back up while holding the switch for a couple of seconds reset them and everything was back the way it was. Still, I can only lower the rear right window from the MCP. Repeated attempts to reset it didn't fix the issue. Guess I'll be taking the door panel off to further inspect it.

I just had service to replace the timing belt, pump and upgraded the alternator. Afterwards, I couldn't control any passenger windows from the master control panel. Lowering the windows and bringing them back up while holding the switch for a couple of seconds reset them and everything was back the way it was. Still, I can only lower the rear right window from the MCP. Repeated attempts to reset it didn't fix the issue. Guess I'll be taking the door panel off to further inspect it.
You don't need to take the entire door panel off, the master control panel just pops out on its own.

I have a weird issue where the rear right valet up/down doesn’t work from the drivers switch. Regular up/down does, and valet works from the rear right. Kinda think it’s my driver switch, not really willing to buy a replacement tho.

I had the same problem. Passenger back window will not move with the MCP. The door switch works. I've tried everything.

I recently got 3M tint on my front windows to match the factory tint. Now I can't raise my left rear passenger window from the driver window controls. I can lower it, but not raise it back up without reaching across the car and using the window switch on that door. I have a feeling the issue is something simple in the driver switch for that window & before I take the panel off I was hoping to get an idea of what to look for. Any advice?
This happens sometimes when you lost power from low or dead battery or sometimes for other reasons but you just need reset it, there's a computer that controls it, so you need to roll down + up the affected window using that windows dedicated door switch. Roll it all the way down, hold the button down for about 10 seconds and then roll it back up w/ the same switch, do this with any effected window and it should restore factory operation to the windows on the driver door controls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom