Need help saving Bailey (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Mud,

I'm brand new to the forum, but really hoping someone can help me out. I bought my first 60 around 4 months ago. Ever since cruising around in my buddy's '87 back in high school, I knew I wanted one of my own someday. I got serious about looking for one about a year ago, and finally found a beautiful '86 with low miles -- we named her Bailey.

IMG_5158.jpg

IMG_5159.jpg

I brought her back down to northern Virginia and have been loving life ever since. That is, until I took a work trip a couple of weeks ago. I was gone for less than a day when this happened:

IMG_4378.jpeg

The roof took most of the impact, and one of the large branches smashed through the windshield. It's now in a dealership body shop in the area (my wife had it towed to get it out of the rain). They seem nice enough, but I doubt one of these has ever come through. They said they can fix her with a new roof + windshield + related parts, but they can't source them.

So my questions to the forum: how feasible is it to replace the entire roof and windshield? Any suggestions on how to find these? Special considerations/ things to do/ avoid? Any recommendations on shops that could help in the DC area/ on the east coast? I've seen threads with some shop recommendations, but they were hard to navigate and included lists without much detail.

I'm new to all of this and bummed that Murphy hit me so hard and so quickly. I want to get her back on the road, but I'm not sure where or how to start. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Have your body shop read this thread, and contact @jkdur728 for a donor roof.

If they don’t want to do the job this way, then you need to find another shop.

@Hokie LX @GLTHFJ60

Thanks, cruisermatt. That's a great thread.

No special insurance on the truck :blackeye: But they're willing to pay for the repairs. Just need to find the parts/ right place to get it done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom