Need Help: MAF Sensor is Bad (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the other day my cats melted and I took the truck into the shop to see what the problem was. Turns out my MAF sensor is bad and the truck is running lean, which is what melted my cats.

The list on a new MAF is $997.00. Need help sourcing a MAF. I will also post in the classifieds, but if anyone has any tips or advice, it is much appreciated. Obviously I can't pay the $1,000, so I am looking for cheaper alternatives.

EDIT: Will the Landtank MAF Mod work on my 94? I can source the Sensor for about $120, plus the $250 Landtank wants for the MAF Housing.

Last edited:
94 has the odb 1 so I don't think it will work with land tank MAF.

Cruiser yard ha MAF for sale every now and then. Wonder if MAF from 97 will work on 95, if so some people might have one for sale...like me. :)

Can someone else confirm this?
Did some digging. The 94 is a Mass Air Flow Meter. A MAF from 97 or 95 will not work. Best price I have found so far for a reman AFM is $260.

Check with user: Death Valley Paul. He's parting out a 94. I picked up a couple parts from him. He's a good guy, and half the price of anybody else.

94 has a volume air meter. VAF not MAF.

And you can generally get one from cruiserparts or cruiseryard or someone parting out 93 or 94 (only those two years)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom