Need help choosing suspension setup (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I had to put my money where my mouth is... I have been running 305/65r18 on my +20 Vector wheels for a week now. I went with the WildPeak AT3, mostly because of good reviews vs price (and to try something different). I love the look. I have not stuffed the tires on anything extreme yet, so tbc... but have hit some pretty big dips on pavement while turning and no rubbing yet.

The ride is different. I started out with WAY too much air in them (tire guy put 45lb) and was bouncing all over the road. Now with 36lb, they are much more compliant, although they do seem stiffer than both sets of KO2s and have run on my LC and 4Runners (275/70r18, 285/70r17). I really like the KO2, so hopefully I didn't make a mistake.

Those of you who lead with pragmatism, will probably want to stay away, but I really like the look and I think it is worth any fitment challenges I will need to overcome.

View attachment 1775252

View attachment 1775260

Proper! Thanks for pushing the envelop. I've said this before, but I think this size is the perfect size that just pushes the boundaries all around without serious implications of re-gear, etc. Aesthetically, it's just proportionally right for the big LC!

I think the +20 offset may add a bit more challenge than necessary, as I still believe 30-40mm offset to be ideal (~1/2" further inset). As mentioned already, the tire "swings" more with a more aggressive offset, necessitating more clearance to the front and back fender of the fender.

I'm curious how much clearance you have against all the major items inside. Actually, I know there's no clearance issue to the lower and upper control arms as I run relatively the same size tire. Only really curious about the KDSS bar which the LX doesn't have.

BTW, more pictures! Especially from the front so we can take in all the beefiness.

Great job!

... the Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure for those LT305/65R18 Load Range E tires on your 2010 LC200 is 35psi F/R.
I was having a hard time finding the correct number, so thank you for the feedback and for verifying!

Nice Macan! I miss mine!
Good eye, and thank you! What replaced your Macan?

Good eye, and thank you! What replaced your Macan?

My Macan was sandwiched in between a couple of Land Cruisers. I absolutely loved my Macan though - one of the most fun all around cars on the road today especially in a place like CO where you get 4 seasons.

Thank you @ckkone I’ll make sure to check them out. If I may ask, what made you choose these over other brands?

I went with the 45mm TD adjustables because they were IMO a good compromise between performance, lifespan, and price. They are foam cell and should have a similar lifespan to the Ironman or OME Nitrochargers - I'm hoping 100k miles but we'll see. I've already got 18k miles on mine, which would be roughly half their life if I'd bought Fox/King/Icon. The adjustable shocks give a very nice ride once you figure out the right setting for your vehicle setup at half the cost of Icon/King/BP51.

IIRC the whole kit (front and rear springs and shocks) was about $1600. Add another $600 for SPC UCAs - in my experience if you're planning to run taller or wider tires and different wheels you'll likely need the extra adjustability to get a good alignment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom