Need help....bad

Discussion in 'KS/MO- Tornado Alley Cruisers' started by IrollwithTojo, Feb 12, 2009.

1. IrollwithTojo

IrollwithTojo

2. mwalls54

mwalls54 Cruiser Nutjob

has it done it any more?

3. IrollwithTojo

IrollwithTojo

Anymore meaning what? Anymore slipping? Then yes, on the way to get ATF if needed I was cruisin at 15-20 miles an hour at 2000 RMP, Just put it into lower gears and it somewhat caught, checked the fluid level, it was fine....turned the truck off for a little while (not even five minutes) drove it back, it was fine, then to the gym today, it was fine, and so on, it was fine.....:confused: makes no sense at all to me.

-Carl

4. mwalls54

mwalls54 Cruiser Nutjob

when was the last time the fluid and filter was changed.

5. IrollwithTojo

IrollwithTojo

Fluid was changed at a local jiffy lube not even a month ago....I think it may be beyond fluids, its in the shop right now getting looked at (I know people probably think I'm stupid for this but oh well) I was coming home earlier today, it slips and I start slowing down, put it into lower gears again, nothing, get onto a side street, turn it off, sit and wait. Turn it back on, it was fine, jsut dropped it off at Molle, just to see what the :censor: is going on.....:crybaby::bang::mad:

-Carl

6. trainrech

trainrech

My brother's 89 did the same thing. My guess is your tranny is toast. Sorry.

7. IrollwithTojo

IrollwithTojo

8. exrsa1

exrsa1

Tranny

Hold up. Have you had the pan off and cleaned the screen? Have you done the Rodney party trick? Have you done the Rodney flush? Do searches on those. I had the same symptoms on the 62 I had, and after doing those two everything worked fine after that. The metal filter/screen was super clogged. Try all those first. If you have and still a prob, buy a used A440f and put it in. That's my .02cents.

Ex

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.