Need advice on lift kits. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to add the Old Man Emu Suspension OMEGX-0309 to my 08 470. Currently I have no additional load but in the future I am looking to add the spare to rear, roof rack, and haul several hundred additional pounds in the 470. Does anyone know of issues getting heavier springs to plan for the future without that load being present yet?

Well it'll likely ride pretty poorly unloaded. Swapping just the springs down the line isn't very difficult nor expensive.

There’s also variable rate rear springs from various vendors. The idea is to have a softer spring rate when lightly loaded and a heavier spring rate when you add more weight.

One such variable rate spring that might fit your needs is the dobinson cs59-677v

Look that up and see if that meets your needs. It does give you close to a 3” lift though so make sure you pair it with a longer shock.

Last edited:
With no load you'd want the CS59-675V. I got 2.5" of lift in the back with nothing but the spare and probably 2" fully loaded with gear

With no load you'd want the CS59-675V. I got 2.5" of lift in the back with nothing but the spare and probably 2" fully loaded with gear
Right, but OP said he would add roof rack, spare tire carrier, and additional weigh…so 677v seems more appropriate for him.

675v is for stock weight and a little more. I have 675v and it sags too much like 1.5” when I load up just gear in the cargo area (no spare tire carrier, no roof rack)

But the point is that even with these variable spring rate coils…it’s still difficult to manage the quality/height of the ride when you drive empty vs loaded.

Variable rate spring rates don’t solve all your weight problems, but they do give you a range to play with.

Right, but OP said he would add roof rack, spare tire carrier, and additional weigh…so 677v seems more appropriate for him.

675v is for stock weight and a little more. I have 675v and it sags too much like 1.5” when I load up just gear in the cargo area (no spare tire carrier, no roof rack)
Sorry should have clarified. I agree that 677Vs are the right springs if all of that stuff is on the truck but currently its not. If it were me I get the 675Vs and swap to 677Vs later since its an easy 30 minute job

Looking to add the Old Man Emu Suspension OMEGX-0309 to my 08 470. Currently I have no additional load but in the future I am looking to add the spare to rear, roof rack, and haul several hundred additional pounds in the 470. Does anyone know of issues getting heavier springs to plan for the future without that load being present yet?
What size tires were you thinking of getting w/ this setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom