SOLD *SOLD* NC: Custom Offroad Trailer w/ RTT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

*SOLD*

Location - Winston-Salem, NC

Reason for selling – I just don’t use it much…on average once a year. Wife isn’t interested in this type of camping, and the kids are growing up.

• Trailer frame and main cargo box were originally built in Georgia, and the VIN was issued there. Additional custom work (fenders, RTT lift mechanism, electrical, axle swap) done by Trollhole’s Cruisers in Greenville, SC. Trailer has been used roughly 5 times since the RTT was installed and additional custom work was done. Stored indoors when not in use
  • Titled in North Carolina
  • Overall length – 11’
  • Overall width – 6’
  • Main cargo box – 44” wide, 60” long, 24” high. Lid is hinged on passenger side. Two locks on driver side.
  • Front toolbox – 46” wide, 19” long, 17” high
  • Pintle hitch
  • Receiver on the rear
  • 3500lb Dexter axle with brakes
  • Toyota 16” steel wheels with 33” BFG MT tires
  • Ground clearance – 15” to axle, 23.5” to frame
  • Tepui Autana RTT. Full annex with floor. Includes anti-condensation mat and Tepui Weatherhood
  • RTT is mounted to a telescoping rack which raises & lowers using an impact wrench. RTT can be used in the lowered position with or without the annex, but raising the rack enables the annex to be used at full height.
  • Fenders are strong enough to stand on which makes it easier to access the trailer’s interior and to cover/uncover the RTT.
  • BAL C stabilizers on rear corners which are raised and lowered with an impact wrench. These are strong enough to lift one side of the trailer to change a tire.
  • The front trailer jack is the Ark XO Jack
  • Rack for three 5gal water or gas cans between toolbox and main cargo box. Includes cable lock for cans.
  • 11lb propane tank on the tongue. Includes cable lock for tank and Coleman propane tree accessory.
  • 12V electrical system
    • Battery box & master cutoff switch in toolbox. Box has USB and 12V outlets.
    • CTEK D250S Dual charger
    • LED light strips mounted in toolbox and main cargo box
    • Accessory pod with two 12V outlets, 2 USB outlets and 12V meter is connected via a long cable that can be extended outside the toolbox and mounted magnetically to the main box
  • Removable wire shelf on driver side. Works well for setting up a camp stove on the shelf and running a hose to the propane tank on the tongue.
  • Comes with Kirkham’s canvas awning and support poles to suspend the awning over the wire shelf and create a covered cooking/seating area on the driver side
trailer 1.jpg

trailer 2.jpg

trailer 3.jpg

trailer 4.jpg

trailer 5.jpg

Last edited:
Nice setup.

Great price and a stand up guy that takes good care of his stuff.

Asking $7,250

Location - Winston-Salem, NC

Reason for selling – I just don’t use it much…on average once a year. Wife isn’t interested in this type of camping, and the kids are growing up.

• Trailer frame and main cargo box were originally built in Georgia, and the VIN was issued there. Additional custom work (fenders, RTT lift mechanism, electrical, axle swap) done by Trollhole’s Cruisers in Greenville, SC. Trailer has been used roughly 5 times since the RTT was installed and additional custom work was done. Stored indoors when not in use
  • Titled in North Carolina
  • Overall length – 11’
  • Overall width – 6’
  • Main cargo box – 44” wide, 60” long, 24” high. Lid is hinged on passenger side. Two locks on driver side.
  • Front toolbox – 46” wide, 19” long, 17” high
  • Pintle hitch
  • Receiver on the rear
  • 3500lb Dexter axle with brakes
  • Toyota 16” steel wheels with 33” BFG MT tires
  • Ground clearance – 15” to axle, 23.5” to frame
  • Tepui Autana RTT. Full annex with floor. Includes anti-condensation mat and Tepui Weatherhood
  • RTT is mounted to a telescoping rack which raises & lowers using an impact wrench. RTT can be used in the lowered position with or without the annex, but raising the rack enables the annex to be used at full height.
  • Fenders are strong enough to stand on which makes it easier to access the trailer’s interior and to cover/uncover the RTT.
  • BAL C stabilizers on rear corners which are raised and lowered with an impact wrench. These are strong enough to lift one side of the trailer to change a tire.
  • The front trailer jack is the Ark XO Jack
  • Rack for three 5gal water or gas cans between toolbox and main cargo box. Includes cable lock for cans.
  • 11lb propane tank on the tongue. Includes cable lock for tank and Coleman propane tree accessory.
  • 12V electrical system
    • Battery box & master cutoff switch in toolbox. Box has USB and 12V outlets.
    • CTEK D250S Dual charger
    • LED light strips mounted in toolbox and main cargo box
    • Accessory pod with two 12V outlets, 2 USB outlets and 12V meter is connected via a long cable that can be extended outside the toolbox and mounted magnetically to the main box
  • Removable wire shelf on driver side. Works well for setting up a camp stove on the shelf and running a hose to the propane tank on the tongue.
  • Comes with Kirkham’s canvas awning and support poles to suspend the awning over the wire shelf and create a covered cooking/seating area on the driver side
View attachment 2037896

View attachment 2037897

View attachment 2037898

View attachment 2037899

View attachment 2037900
I’m interested. Have t you sold it yet?”

Thank you for getting back to me so quick, what is the wet weight of the unit fully rigged? Any idea?

In addition, how does it tow with your 60, I have an 80 for a tow vehicle.

This is a timely question as I just had the trailer & RTT weighed for the first time yesterday. Took it to the CAT Scales at a local truckstop. The trailer weighed in at 1,220 lbs, but I'd call that the base weight and not fully rigged. The main cargo box was empty, and the water cans were empty.

It tows fine with my 60. My buddy also used the trailer last weekend and pulled it with his 80; no problem.

This is a timely question as I just had the trailer & RTT weighed for the first time yesterday. Took it to the CAT Scales at a local truckstop. The trailer weighed in at 1,220 lbs, but I'd call that the base weight and not fully rigged. The main cargo box was empty, and the water cans were empty.

It tows fine with my 60. My buddy also used the trailer last weekend and pulled it with his 80; no problem.
That sounds like a very doable weight, as I would need to haul water, and different gear. Was trying to keep everything below 1800 pounds. This sounds attainable. Not sure if you’re available to talk later this evening, I left you my number earlier in the thread, had some questions in regards to battery’s, charging and different parts and pieces? Also wanted to talk about numbers, and timing? I am interested, discussing with my wife this afternoon. We are coming from a travel trailer, but we never spent much time inside, other than to sleep. Big trailer not a lot of use, or you could send me your number in a text, that is my cell and I can call you whenever is convenient for you? Thanks, RJ

That sounds like a very doable weight, as I would need to haul water, and different gear. Was trying to keep everything below 1800 pounds. This sounds attainable. Not sure if you’re available to talk later this evening, I left you my number earlier in the thread, had some questions in regards to battery’s, charging and different parts and pieces? Also wanted to talk about numbers, and timing? I am interested, discussing with my wife this afternoon. We are coming from a travel trailer, but we never spent much time inside, other than to sleep. Big trailer not a lot of use, or you could send me your number in a text, that is my cell and I can call you whenever is convenient for you? Thanks, RJ

Sounds good. I'll send you a text.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom