Navigation update - No Disk Detected ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks; I ordered an OEM gen 2/3 5.1 update off eBay today. I read somewhere in IH8 that the gen 2/3 laser may be too weak to read burned discs. Not sure about that but the OEM was cheap and the dealer I called said copied disks won’t work in my truck; to be fair he’s not an objective participant in the problem solving :hmm:. Hopefully the 5.1 works. If it does I will be content. I use my phone for real maps anyways!

When you try out that OEM update, do post back here your findings.
If you are successful, I'd like to purchase one too.

Quick update: the OEM 5.1 disc restored most functionality to the nav unit. I say most because there are still some nagging issues - I cannot enter an address either stopped in park or on the go, no region is enabled, emergency button greyed out, and the POI/Mark system seems finicky compared to how it worked when I bought it. I enabled the overdrive using the secret menu but that didn't change anything that I could see: address button still greyed out full time.

I'm going to let it do its thing for a few days and then this weekend I might pull the whole unit out, disassemble, and remove/disconnect the unit's backup battery and see what happens. Probably will start with just disconnecting the battery for 30m and see if that has an effect. I should probably spend the time installing the door check I ordered and repairing the speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom